iMayberry Community

All of the lessons learned in Mayberry were certainly not learned at Mayberry Union High.  Let's think about important lessons learned by Mayberry citizens:

Opie learned a valuable lesson about heedless actions when he killed the mother bird with his slingshot. By the time he had raised those babies and let them fly free he was a more mature young man. 

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well if it helps any Keevy, remember how it played out when Floyd punched that other man in the nose  and things went back and forth for no good reason at all. These days things might just escalate until some kid went home and got a gun.  It's your bully who should have something preying on his mind, not you.

Aunt Bee and Helen taught Andy that, "No girl likes to have competition thrown up in her face."

Poor Andy just never understood women. And he seemed resigned to his fate. I believe he told Opie that he’d never understand them, either.
Simon Winkler, the father of spoiled brat Arnold Winkler, learned a big lesson on parenting when Andy showed Mr. Winkler a thing or two about discipline. Be careful when you watch the episode, as it can go by pretty fast. For me,.........Whoosh, and it was gone!

(Mr. Winkler was played by Harlan Warde, also played Howie Williams’ dad; and he was one of Beaver Cleaver’s teachers in the last year of LITB.)

The Man in a Hurry learned the business world wouldn't fall apart if he took a day off to relax.

Once burn’t...Lesson learn’t.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Floyd's Second Chair replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Is the line about Gomer...when Andy saved his life?"
15 hours ago
Dr. Pendyke replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Saw Hal Smith on an episode of Peter Gunn. He played the night clerk at a fleabag hotel.…"
23 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Uncle Ollie! Here's an easy one: “Well that’s just about the silliest…"
yesterday
"No, not Malcolm either. It's from Season 4."
yesterday
c m smyrl left a comment for ColHarV
"Thank You  "
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"For the bonus....Malcolm?"
Monday
Dud replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"Kerosene Cucumbers"
Monday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Otis, for sure. Who said “I taught him everything he knows!”"
Monday
Timothy G. liked UT Pendike's discussion TV Land RIP-OFF
Monday
"Here's a good one: "I woulda been here earlier, but I fell in with some evil…"
Sunday
Ralph Henderson replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Here's a good one: "I woulda been here earlier, but I fell in with some evil…"
Sunday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Our choir director and part-time hotel clerk John Masters (aka Olan Soule) can be found in…"
Saturday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service