iMayberry Community

All of the lessons learned in Mayberry were certainly not learned at Mayberry Union High.  Let's think about important lessons learned by Mayberry citizens:

Opie learned a valuable lesson about heedless actions when he killed the mother bird with his slingshot. By the time he had raised those babies and let them fly free he was a more mature young man. 

Views: 285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well if it helps any Keevy, remember how it played out when Floyd punched that other man in the nose  and things went back and forth for no good reason at all. These days things might just escalate until some kid went home and got a gun.  It's your bully who should have something preying on his mind, not you.

Aunt Bee and Helen taught Andy that, "No girl likes to have competition thrown up in her face."

Poor Andy just never understood women. And he seemed resigned to his fate. I believe he told Opie that he’d never understand them, either.
Simon Winkler, the father of spoiled brat Arnold Winkler, learned a big lesson on parenting when Andy showed Mr. Winkler a thing or two about discipline. Be careful when you watch the episode, as it can go by pretty fast. For me,.........Whoosh, and it was gone!

(Mr. Winkler was played by Harlan Warde, also played Howie Williams’ dad; and he was one of Beaver Cleaver’s teachers in the last year of LITB.)

The Man in a Hurry learned the business world wouldn't fall apart if he took a day off to relax.

Once burn’t...Lesson learn’t.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Gary W. Burg replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"The same happened to me when I saw the Twilight Zone story, Stopover in a Quiet Town. She gave my…"
9 hours ago
Shorty Cox replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"As a teenager in the early '60s, I fell In LUST with Nancy Malone watching her on the ABC…"
19 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I think it was Ellie Runs For Council, but no matter OR does it matter? Did not see the mail slot,…"
yesterday
SWFLguy replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"You'd think that those nostalgia channels would run the RFD episodes. Sure, many of them were…"
yesterday
"So many episodes I was trying to recall. What a link!! Actually I am getting peeved seeing so many…"
yesterday
rb replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"yes and no.  see…"
Friday
"I hear tell it was the final episode of the original series."
Friday
"Just saw an old-fashioned radiator in the jail. That's a vote for steam heat."
Friday
Ralph Henderson replied to Dud's discussion Behind the scenes home movie of TAGS
"Also...the car, obviously parked in the driveway, is on the wrong side of the house."
Thursday
Rare Nickle replied to Dud's discussion Behind the scenes home movie of TAGS
"Some of that film is reversed, some shots of Andy his hair is parted on the wrong side."
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I think Aunt Bee was the emergency back-up, armed with her wooden spoon.  Ouch!"
Thursday
"Okay, I am no talented noticer like some of you. But in the runaway kid episode, Barney pulls up to…"
Thursday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service