iMayberry Community

All of the lessons learned in Mayberry were certainly not learned at Mayberry Union High.  Let's think about important lessons learned by Mayberry citizens:

Opie learned a valuable lesson about heedless actions when he killed the mother bird with his slingshot. By the time he had raised those babies and let them fly free he was a more mature young man. 

Views: 322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well if it helps any Keevy, remember how it played out when Floyd punched that other man in the nose  and things went back and forth for no good reason at all. These days things might just escalate until some kid went home and got a gun.  It's your bully who should have something preying on his mind, not you.

Aunt Bee and Helen taught Andy that, "No girl likes to have competition thrown up in her face."

Poor Andy just never understood women. And he seemed resigned to his fate. I believe he told Opie that he’d never understand them, either.
Simon Winkler, the father of spoiled brat Arnold Winkler, learned a big lesson on parenting when Andy showed Mr. Winkler a thing or two about discipline. Be careful when you watch the episode, as it can go by pretty fast. For me,.........Whoosh, and it was gone!

(Mr. Winkler was played by Harlan Warde, also played Howie Williams’ dad; and he was one of Beaver Cleaver’s teachers in the last year of LITB.)

The Man in a Hurry learned the business world wouldn't fall apart if he took a day off to relax.

Once burn’t...Lesson learn’t.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"And the shift lever on the steering column."
18 hours ago
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IyNp_oS1KU If it works, here is a link.  "
18 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
20 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"Wow, nice find Dave Cline!!! I never noticed that before, but clearly that was not the real Barney…"
20 hours ago
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That wasn't too unusual in the days when almost every car had a bench seat, Dave.  Way…"
yesterday
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Agreed, Wilson.  I enjoyed this conversation at first, but I honestly hate to pick apart my…"
yesterday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In "Ride Beyond Vengeance" a movie staring Chuck Connors and James MacArthur (among…"
yesterday
Dave Cline replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"Jerry Brutsche is Barneys stunt double in "Barneys Sidecar" and Luther's in…"
yesterday
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"No, Franklin, a medal of wow. And fun. The frustrating thing is that we people love to complain,…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"There’s a few more folks! Can you name them?"
Saturday
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Opie's Name
"My theory is that it was suggested by Dub Taylor, the guy who was the mailman and a few other…"
Saturday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In the Christian movie, “Finding Normal” they refer to the small town as…"
Saturday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service