iMayberry Community

In a very early episode Andy and Opie Housekeepers, they have Barney picking up Bea to take her to the bus station. Later Andy says he is going to the bus station to pick her up. HOWEVER, at other times we see people getting off the bus that stops right around a corner. Such as the pretty cousin or the older man who owns the cabin, and is returning from Detroit. NO bus station, just a bus corner.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Once again, I will qualify this statement by the fact that I'm old.  Don't get hung up on terminology. i.e. bus "station" or "stop".  It the day of "Greyhound" and "Continental" bus lines. They had actual "Bus Stations" in larger towns.  Along the buses route, the bus would stop a designated businesses in the small towns where people would board and depart the bus.  These designated businesses were referred to as the town's "Bus Station" as one could purchase tickets at that location.  It was a "courtesy" and side line for that business.  That business got a % of the ticket sale.  One would purchase a ticket then stand at the curb to wait on the bus.  

Of course you are right. The town I live in was the same. Nowadays no bus at all ( "atall"). Andy says that better than I do, reminds me of a favorite TAGS, the one with Sue Ane Langdon (sigh). Every time I see "Three's a Crowd" I could just strangle Barney. There was a drug store right at that bus stop, not Walker's. Mayberry was a rootin', tootin' TWO drugstore place.

The correct spelling of her name is Sue Ane. The other woman who played Mary the nurse, Julie Adams, was also pretty enough to enter the town's beauty pageant. 

Attachments:

I've often wondered why "they" didn't keep Sue Ane around as Andy's "love interest".  She was much better to look at (on her worst day) than Hellen (on her best day)  As Bob Seger said in the words of the song "she had point of her own, way up high"  

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Larry Grainger replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"I'll have a pan of fudge waiting..."
4 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"Okay folks, how about we drop my Larry's . . . ."
5 hours ago
Gary W. Burg posted a discussion

Andy and Barney Doing a Commercial

Usually, Barney gets tricked, but this time HE is the trickster.…See More
5 hours ago
"Yes, got it so far, Dud. But but but are we concluding correctly that two networks that carry TAGS…"
7 hours ago
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That would be a double answer. First Mr. Harmon said it and then, in his typical style, the fat…"
10 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That was Bob Rogers as Barney’s Replacement.   Who said, “And, get out of those…"
10 hours ago
Larry Grainger replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"This is why I don't watch TAGS on broadcast TV.  Most of the time I watch on my…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"I found out not long ago that networks bid on a batch of episodes, not the entire collection.…"
yesterday
Alan Neiman is now a member of iMayberry Community
yesterday
"I still maintain both networks are NOT showing a slew of TAGS, color 'sodes aside. The baby…"
Sunday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Episodes We Could Do Without
"Oh, and how about the one where Opie and his friend find a baby, then go around town asking about…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Same Storefront
"Well after the gossip about Myra Kuntz got out, the lingerie shop had to close.  Fred got a…"
Sunday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service