iMayberry Community

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but I thought it would be fun to see how or if TAGS pops up in other tv shows, movies, etc. This can include references to characters (such as Barney Fife), places (Floyd's Barbershop), or even Mayberry itself. 

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the Christian movie, “Finding Normal” the person detained in the small town says “I am stuck in Mayberry.” See the trailer at https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2964360/videoplayer/vi2777986585?ref_=...

It’s a great movie btw!

In "Ride Beyond Vengeance" a movie staring Chuck Connors and James MacArthur (among others), the town of "Cold Iron" is Mayberry.  One sees several of the town landmarks, building, houses, etc.  One scene where MacArthur drives in town, he drives past the row of houses.   

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IyNp_oS1KU

If it works, here is a link.  

I know the old Adventures of Superman with George Reeves used Mayberry.

Also episodes of Batman and Star Trek were shot on the Forty Acres.

Too bad that lot did not get preserved. 

If I ever win the lottery I am going to rebuild Mayberry as a tourist attraction but I am going to paint everything there to look like black and white television.

How cool would that be?

That would be cooler than chicken dressed in a tuxedo!

Even cooler than the center seed of a cucumber.

Not sure if this one counts as it is an Andy Griffith movie.  I'm old, but the best I can remember, several outdoor scenes in the movie, "Angel in my Pocket" were shot in Mayberry.   

And yes, I bet Desi & Lucy are rolling over in their graves for not holding on to the "40 Acres" and opening it to all us TAGS fans for tours.  I would go there no matter the ticket cost.  

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"Hey Darrell! Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Much appreciated. I think once my book is…"
yesterday
Darrell Francis replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"I think one thing would be to post the map of Mayberry and the Mayberry county map. One thing would…"
yesterday
Shorty Cox replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Bullet four: Barney shot the squad car tire after chasing the farmers out of Mayberry that were…"
Wednesday
Mayor Pike replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Three bullets: Barney shot a hole in his pants at the end of "If I had a Quarter Million"."
Wednesday
Michael replied to Thelscuz's discussion The Worst Ever--Or Anyway In the Bottom Five
"I agree with this.  I loved Warren.  He's no Don Knotts, of course, but his episodes…"
Monday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Here's a new one. Shown below is Johnny Cash in his new car that "didn't cost him a…"
Dec 6
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Wedding Bells For Aunt Bee"
Dec 6
Randy Higgins updated their profile
Dec 6
Randy Higgins joined Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group
Thumbnail

Mayberry Squad Car Owners

Owners of replicas of Mayberry Squad Cars now have a place to gather and share their cars with each…See More
Dec 6
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Fire Department
Dec 6
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Fire Department
Dec 6
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Town Seal
Dec 6

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service