Mayberry Elsewhere

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but I thought it would be fun to see how or if TAGS pops up in other tv shows, movies, etc. This can include references to characters (such as Barney Fife), places (Floyd's Barbershop), or even Mayberry itself. 

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If we’re going with specific references to TAGS from other media, I can add the crossword puzzles from Tribune media.  “OPIE” is a relatively frequent answer, using various clues.  My favorite clue has been “Mayberry moppet”.

• I believe the question is asking for specific references to the show itself, or characters from the show. For example: In the pilot episode of 'Mork & Mindy', which aired as an an episode of 'Happy Days', the TV in the Cunningham home is showing an episode of 'TAGS.'

One of the oddest references to a Mayberry character I've come across is from Pink Floyd's, 'The Wall Album.' At the very beginning of the song, 'Nobody's Home', you can faintly hear dialogue from a 'Gomer Pyle-USMC' episode playing in the background.

• In the Christian movie "Finding Normal", the lady doctor states "I'm stuck in Mayberry!"

This topic has been posted before, but it was in the old forum. Perhaps the thread is still around somewhere here as many threads were transfered. Or maybe this was the thread with all the additional posts removed?

• Allan Melvin played eight different characters in eight episodes of TAGS. He was in many of other shows and cartoons also...Voicing Magilla Gorilla...Allan Melvin ~ voice of Magilla Gorilla, also Sam the ...

• Floyd the barber aka Howard McNear on the Flintstones..8448036869?profile=RESIZE_400x

• Otis / Hal Smith on the Flintstones as many charcters. He voiced hundreds in cartoons..8448033072?profile=RESIZE_400x

• 8448028866?profile=RESIZE_584xDon Knotts as Barney on Scooby Doo

• Howard Morris aka Ernest T AS Jet Screamer on the Jetsons....he was also Adam Ant.

8448025901?profile=RESIZE_400x

• I just watched an episode of Adam 12 and seen Mrs. Lesh aka Hubcaps Lesh.It takes an ace eye to spot all these details on Adam-12!

This reply was deleted.