iMayberry Community

Greetings!

I haven't posted on here in a while but some of you may recall I am the one creating the "Mayberry Volunteer Fire Dept."  Currently I am at the point of designing the vinyl decals to apply to my real life fire engine.

In addition to the standard lettering for Mayberry VFD has anyone ever seen a "Town Seal"  for Mayberry?  I've searched high and low and cannot locate anything and do not recall ever seeing a seal on any episodes of TAGS. I want to place the town seal on the doors of my truck with the words "MAYBERRY" arched across the top and "VOL. FIRE DEPT." across the bottom.  On the sides of the hood I am going to have "MAYBERRY, NC"

If I can't locate an authentic town seal I plan on creating one of my own.  The way I look at it is if there isn't a known town seal I won't be wrong (technically) by creating one.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on what to incorporate in the seal I am open to ideas.  I'm thinking about including the date the town was incorporated, possible the cannon in the center or a portrait of the mountains. 

Anyway, I am hoping for the MVFD to become public soon with a Facebook page.

Any suggestions, comments, input etc is most welcomed.

Randy.

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would say the old oak tree (that was almost cut down), if it can be found.  And how about a rendering of Noogatuck?

Perhaps it should have a manhole in the middle of the shield just incase there is a need to speed through a sewer!  

ha ha

The only fire I saw on the series was the time Jubal Foster burned down his own barn makin' moonshine liquor and the VFD couldn't get there in time. I bet the Mendlebright sisters had the phones tied up again.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Dr. Pendyke replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Pike was a befuddled, somewhat confused mayor, but at heart he was a nice guy. Stoner was just a…"
4 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"How did such a jerk ever get elected mayor?"
8 hours ago
Dud replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Town Seal
"The only fire I saw on the series was the time Jubal Foster burned down his own barn makin'…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was pretentious... an interloper. I've never seen such a clear case of pretentious…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Musta been a popular name back then. I like how the writers named people on the show. All unusual…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was a joke cracker."
Friday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"It was Bobby Fleet who remarked how if there was a beauty contest in Mayberry, no one would win."
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Not sure where this belongs but I was watching an early episode of My Three Sons called The Blind…"
Thursday
Dud replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Try here: Youtube Video"
Oct 16
Cornelia Shields is now a member of iMayberry Community
Oct 15
"Here are two pictures of Sheldon Leonard. One of them shows him as the bartender in that movie."
Oct 15
"Yes, Burt was the cop, played by Ward Bond (Wagon Train), but you have Leonard nailed, cha-ching…"
Oct 15

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service