iMayberry Community

Many character actors appear as multiple characters throughout the show.  The one who stands out the most to me is Allan Melvin.  Maybe someone could start by listing all of his characters. 

There are several other examples as well.  Let's see how many we can come up with. 

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Emmett Clark’s wife played the sales lady in “Opie Loves Helen” as well as other roles in the B/W episodes. She seemed to have the same personality, however.

Right, Mrs. Lukens appears in “Opie Loves Helen” and also in “The Bed Jacket.” The same actress is known as Mrs. Rosenbach in “Opie and The Spoiled Kid.” She may very well be in other episodes as well. 

“Just woosh and he was gone!”

Big Maud (Ralph Henderson)  was not only Barney's (Al) dance partner but also his voice teacher.  

That’s a great one. Eleanora Poultice! According to her Ole Barn was “a big bundle of sangin’ talent.”

Also one of Big Maud’s fellow escapees-  Naomi ( the convicted husband beater) was also Daphne the fun- girl.  

Bingo!!! And this is a tough one, because Daphne (“Hello doll!”) looks NOTHING like Naomi. 

There's a good list of this exact thing over on the Mayberry.info web site.  

Character_List#Characters_by_the_Same_Actor

If we come up with more....we can edit the Mayberry.info wiki page to add them to the list.

Wow, I didn’t know there were lists like this.  Thanks for sharing!  It sure makes answering questions easier.  No Josie Lloyd on the list, though.

Lets not forget Lydia,  she was several citizens in Mayberry.  Singer, non-bowler, beauty contestant, driver of a car with bad tires. 

Great one Shorty. The “Lydia Crosswaith” actress plays “Josephine Pike,” the Mayor’s daughter in at least 2 episodes - “Mayberry Goes Hollywood” (“Flow gently sweet afton”) and “The Beauty Contest” (“We don’t care which of our three daughters you pick!”). 

I must correct my own statement here - Mayor’s Pike daughter was Josephine in The Beauty Contest but was Juanita in Mayberry Goes Hollywood. 

Also missing is Ken Lynch, who appeared in four episodes, pretty much with the same crabby personality.  (Apparently, he was unable to acquire a map with the sticky buttons on it for the Mayberry sheriff’s department.)

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"But your right.  She was just mentioned, not shown."
5 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Win One For the Old Goob
"Opie is about 17 in this pic. "
5 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"“Leonard Blush, Leonard Blush. Is that all you can think of is Leonard Blush!?” (Barney)"
7 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson liked Keevy Hazelton's discussion Win One For the Old Goob
17 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton posted a discussion

Win One For the Old Goob

George Lindsey and Ron Howard in 1971.…See More
20 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
21 hours ago
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"I think it was the episode Charlene wanted the divorce. Said she caught Dud making eyes at Idell…"
Saturday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"Which one had Idel Bushy in it?   I only remember her by when charlene Darling mentioned her.…"
Saturday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service