iMayberry Community

Many character actors appear as multiple characters throughout the show.  The one who stands out the most to me is Allan Melvin.  Maybe someone could start by listing all of his characters. 

There are several other examples as well.  Let's see how many we can come up with. 

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bull!  If you watch one of the next few episodes, you will see that they did get one of those.  I can't remember which it was, but I remember seeing it and thinking "that crabby ole State Trooper came through!"

Bull?

Al Checco was in “The Bank Job” and “If I Had a Quarter Million Dollars.”

I was always so surprised Barney didn’t recognize this crook the second time around! 

Robert Emhardt from “The Foster Lady” and “Man in the Middle.”

I saw Wally the fillin station owner was also a store keeper in Barney gets his Man, and he was also a member of the city councel but I’m not sure what episode that was. 

Can't recall the episode either, Franklin, but his name was Ralph. He was offended that he was never able to make a motion.

"Why not let me move! I never get to move!"

He also played Fred Boone's friend, Gil.

You’re right Franklin and Keev. He was Ralph the Councilman in “The Mayberry Band.”  “Here, here!” “it’s something you say at meeting when you like something somebody said.”

Also, very good catch on Gil, Keev. That is a pretty minor part I had forgotten it. 

Gavin MacLeod was in “TV or Not TV” and “The Taylor’s in Hollywood.”

Ruta Lee played a reporter digging up dirt on Andy in Andy On Trial and a Hollywood starlet in The Hollywood Party.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Mayor Pike's discussion ANDYGRAMS
"You can hum a few bars..... LADY TOGS"
12 hours ago
rb posted a discussion

“opie” still skipping!

scroll down to see it. …See More
12 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Mayor Pike's discussion ANDYGRAMS
"A prime job in Mayberry, clean-up man at Foley’s.....must be Fred Plummer.   "
12 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Big Orange
"TV's back then were quite a luxury. In our home, so that first prize was quite a catch. Our…"
14 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion ANDYGRAMS
"New one. MR ED ELF RUMP"
15 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Big Orange
"I’d sure send in my three bottle caps you bet."
22 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Big Orange
"I would love to whip out that flash camera on Christmas Day!  The clock radio is pretty nifty…"
yesterday
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Big Orange
"Nice find.  I wonder if a Mr. Potato Set was among the 160 prizes."
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service