iMayberry Community

Have you seen this man?

Something Steve L. posted the other day gave me an idea.  This guy appears in almost every episode of TAGS.  He plays everything from a bystander to a construction worker.  In some episodes he is a member of the choir.  In others he just walks through the scene.  Sometimes he is just a face in the crowd.  You have to really look close to spot him but the more you look for him, the more he appears.  How about we play Spot Tom and see just how many times he shows up and what his role is each time. 

I spotted Tom in 'Aunt Bee the Warden'.  He was the guy who brought Otis the ladder so he could climb down from the roof and escape from 'The Rock' aka Aunt Bee's prison.  Of course she was waiting for him at the bottom.

Good luck!

Views: 4909

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found Tom again in 'The Mayberry Band'.  He is leaning against a station wagon.  When the band marches by he waves his hat.

Does anybody know who Tom is and why he appeared in so many TAGS episodes?  Maybe he's related to Mr. Schwamp!

He's Danny Thomas's brother.  The Sheriff Taylor character was introduced on the Danny Thomas Show.

Thanks, Sandra.  Seems like I can "see the favor," as Andy would say.

I spotted Tom in 'Ellie for Council'.  He is standing in the crowd behind Mr. Foley (he is the guy that runs the meat market) and his wife during Andy's speech in front of the courthouse.

Tom was in the eps "Mayberry Goes Hollywood". He was in the crowd scenes and he and another guy were going to cut down the old oak tree with a crosscut saw.
Tom was in the eps "Mayberry Goes Hollywood". He was in the crowd scenes and he and another guy were going to cut down the old oak tree with a crosscut saw.

Good one Ray.

Captured these 2 great frames from this episode. Tom is apparently a store owner, repainting for the movie crew.

Tom was in the eps "Thse Gossiping Men". He was one of many waiting in the hallway of the Mayberry Hotel to audition talent scout (shoe salesman) from New York.

There is one I'll have to watch for.

Tom got himself inarclated.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"Lol.....I love it!"
Monday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"Boy, giraffes are selfish."
Monday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Yes, that’s him. I imagine Ernest T. may have chucked a rock or two through Jelsic’s…"
Monday
ColHarV posted a discussion

Favorite One-Liners

What is your FAVORITE “one liner” from the episodes?(Just leave one at a time please, to allow…See More
Sunday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"I’m not sure this fits here exactly, but I have a trivia question, based on a few lines from…"
Saturday
Larry Grainger replied to Larry Grainger's discussion Mayberry Christmas 2017
"We are three weeks away. Get your tickets now!"
Saturday
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Last night, while watching the episode “The Loaded Goat,” I noticed something for the…"
Saturday
Donna Calloway is now a member of iMayberry Community
Saturday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Barney’s judo teacher, I believe."
Nov 16
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That’s always one of my favorite exchanges. Andy = “I’m all ears.” Barney…"
Nov 16
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Proof!!!!"
Nov 15
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Yes Sir! That Frank sure is smart, as Goober would say. Despite Helen's denials, her and Frank…"
Nov 14

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service