iMayberry Community

Have you seen this man?

Something Steve L. posted the other day gave me an idea.  This guy appears in almost every episode of TAGS.  He plays everything from a bystander to a construction worker.  In some episodes he is a member of the choir.  In others he just walks through the scene.  Sometimes he is just a face in the crowd.  You have to really look close to spot him but the more you look for him, the more he appears.  How about we play Spot Tom and see just how many times he shows up and what his role is each time. 

I spotted Tom in 'Aunt Bee the Warden'.  He was the guy who brought Otis the ladder so he could climb down from the roof and escape from 'The Rock' aka Aunt Bee's prison.  Of course she was waiting for him at the bottom.

Good luck!

Views: 5117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i only mention it because its an episode where Tom spoke, i thought that was what we were doing...

Just noticed this on a behind the scene photo. In second photo, look who has his own chair!

You get the Mayberry Spot Tom Award for that one Dave! 

Awesome find Dave.  I think Andy is upset cause he doesn't have a chair with his name on it.

What do you all think of this one:  In "Barney Runs for Sheriff", a group of citizens are meeting in Andy's living room about having Andy as a write-in candidate, after his new career ends before it starts.  I watched this carefully, and am wondering if some of the men in the room aren't more of Danny Thomas's brothers.  Several of them look like Tom Jacobs to me.  I read somewhere that Danny had several brothers.  I can't find a complete cast list for this episode anywhere, which doesn't surprise me, since Tom Jacobs' name oftentimes isn't listed in the episodes where he appears.  I'm interested in your take on this episode.

Okay Mayberry fans... I found a new Tom sighting and yes, I did go through and read every reply to this thread to make sure it hasn't been mentioned. 

In S1:E29 'Quiet Sam', we mentioned Tom at the beginning of the episode, walking back and forth through the scene. Well, if you watch the very last scene, where everyone is in Sam's yard singing and dancing, Mr. Tom can be spotted way in the back dancing a jig with that woman friend of his (and he obviously can't dance. Probably why he's in the back). Then he's seen walking up to the porch after the music stops.

Here we are, almost five years later and this guy is still cropping up. 

Multiple sightings in same episode?

Looks like. Shazam.

Was just watching an old movie with “Tom”, mr. Schwump, and Juanita, all in the same scene.  Just kidding.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

rb replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"yes and no.  see…"
15 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"I hear tell it was the final episode of the original series."
17 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Just saw an old-fashioned radiator in the jail. That's a vote for steam heat."
17 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to Dud's discussion Behind the scenes home movie of TAGS
"Also...the car, obviously parked in the driveway, is on the wrong side of the house."
yesterday
Rare Nickle replied to Dud's discussion Behind the scenes home movie of TAGS
"Some of that film is reversed, some shots of Andy his hair is parted on the wrong side."
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I think Aunt Bee was the emergency back-up, armed with her wooden spoon.  Ouch!"
yesterday
"Okay, I am no talented noticer like some of you. But in the runaway kid episode, Barney pulls up to…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"And they were running the furnace in the summer! Like Floyd (or was it Calvin Coolidge) says,…"
Wednesday
Dud replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"Go in dressed like an old lady and tell 'em you wanna put two dollars right on the…"
Wednesday
Dud posted a discussion

Behind the scenes home movie of TAGS

If you haven't seen this, it's definitely worth a look. All the main characters are there, of…See More
Wednesday
Rare Nickle replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"I think he did......"
Tuesday
"Heard about that mysterious door. I have been working on the front door mail slot that someone…"
Tuesday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service