iMayberry Community

Have you seen this man?

Something Steve L. posted the other day gave me an idea.  This guy appears in almost every episode of TAGS.  He plays everything from a bystander to a construction worker.  In some episodes he is a member of the choir.  In others he just walks through the scene.  Sometimes he is just a face in the crowd.  You have to really look close to spot him but the more you look for him, the more he appears.  How about we play Spot Tom and see just how many times he shows up and what his role is each time. 

I spotted Tom in 'Aunt Bee the Warden'.  He was the guy who brought Otis the ladder so he could climb down from the roof and escape from 'The Rock' aka Aunt Bee's prison.  Of course she was waiting for him at the bottom.

Good luck!

Views: 5104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Correction.  Tom isn't the sign painter.  Ol Dud dropped the ball on this one.

Tom appears in the eps "Stranger in Town". He is in the crowd that Andy is trying to stop from beating up Ed Sawyer.

I spotted Tom again.  He's sitting in the crowd at the Ladies Musicale listenin' to Rafe Hollister sing.  Boy he sure does get around.

I just saw this last night.  No hat, and a toup'. 

I've seen him in a white hat,

I've seen him in a ball cap,

I've seen him with hair,

I've seen him without hair,

I have not seen him eat green eggs and ham

To carry this further, in what episode does ole Tom Jacobs utter his only line, and what was the line he spoke?

And by the way, I believe the first few seasons, Mr. Jacobs can be seen somewhere in every episode.

He said, "How'd they do it, Sheriff?," in, 'Goober Takes A Car Apart.' I also have the Dick Van Dyke series, another Danny Thomas production, and keep a close eye peeled for Tom. No sightings as yet.

Nice job Keev.

Exactiloso!

I love watching for Tom in each episode.

Tom saw Barn and Thelma Lou kissie kissie.

Wherever the action is... ol Tom should have been a reporter.

I spotted Tom in 'Barney's Sidecar'.  He is one in the crowd of people in the courthouse complaining about Barney acting a fool on his motorcycle.  Poor Tom.  Doesn't seem like he has much of a life. He pretty much just follows the crowd.

Tom is one of the painters in "Mayberry goes Bankrupt". He also appears in the eps where the Green River ordinance is discussed by a rookie deputy.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Latest Activity

Rare Nickle replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"I think he did......"
10 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Heard about that mysterious door. I have been working on the front door mail slot that someone…"
12 hours ago
Rol Farmer replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Another item I noticed long ago was that in the early episodes, there's a door in the corner…"
12 hours ago
Anthony Sizemore liked Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group TAGSRWC - The Andy Griffith Show Rerun Watchers Club
13 hours ago
Anthony Sizemore joined Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group
Thumbnail

Two Chairs No Waiting Podcast

Join host Allan Newsome for Two Chairs No Waiting and enjoy a podcast about "The Andy Griffith…See More
13 hours ago
Anthony Sizemore liked Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group Two Chairs No Waiting Podcast
13 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Could this be typical drunk or hobo behavior?"
17 hours ago
SWFLguy posted a discussion

The Bookie Barber

When I see that episode I can't help but recall my own barber. I'd go to get my haircut usually on…See More
17 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Dud's discussion What Mayberry characters do you wish you could have seen more of?
"Not so sure I meant Barney-Lydia. In fact, cannot believe I posted that."
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"File this under "trivial trivia". In "Wedding Bells For Aunt Bee", at about the…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion What Mayberry characters do you wish you could have seen more of?
"They do share the burden of odd personalities, but Barney giving up Thelma Lou for Lydia would be…"
yesterday
Profile IconBrian and Scott joined iMayberry Community
Monday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service