iMayberry Community

There are obviously some pretty smart members of this forum when it comes to Mayberry trivia.  I thought of something that should challenge the most astute of you wise guys and gals.  Lots of people where mentioned only once or twice and maybe never even shown but they had important roles in the script.  How about we list the names of the more obscure characters of TAGS.  One person could list one and the rest of us can try to guess who they are and what their role was.

If you answer one go ahead and leave one for the next person.

I'll start. Here are a few.

Who was old man Schlummer?

Who was Shorty?

Who was Buckley?

Views: 2473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Dud.

How about this one? Weary Willy, the guy Barney found down at the train tracks in the episode, "If I has a Quarter Million." I think he was played by Hank Patterson...better known as Fred Ziffel on the TV Sitcom, Green Acres.

Who was Colonel Chumley?

Harley was pretty obscure. He dammed up Snake Skin Creek in "Andy's Vacation." Andy told him to take the limbs out of the creek or he was gonna blow it up with a stick of dynamite.

Buckley was the sheriff before Andy

C'mon people... Colonel Chumley.... Think Edmond Wyke... England.

Who was Karen Burgess?

Don't know if anyone has mentioned Hasty Burford yet. 

He sat round with Dud Wash drinking hard cider and punchin each other in the arm and hollerin flinch.  And they wouldn't come back till wensday weak.

Karen Burgess was Opie's girlfriend.  She played hard to get at first.  Then they went bike riding and then to the movies to watch the shootemup or to have icecream sodas at the drug store I'm pretty sure.

Augusta Finch...just up and passed on...and she was exactly Aunt Bee's age.  Obscure because as Andy stated' "Augusta always enjoyed poor health as long as I can remember."

Who was Vicki Harms?

Was she the sno cone sucker?

Yes, she would bite a hole in the bottom and suck out all the syrup, leaving young Barney with a cone of dripping ice shavings.

That makes me sad every time I hear it.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Rare Nickle replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Bee taylor seen on the Eve Arden Show, (1957)"
51 minutes ago
Leonard Blush is now a member of iMayberry Community
yesterday
Leonard Blush liked Larry Mealer's discussion Mayberry Government
yesterday
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"BINGO! Well done!"
yesterday
Floyd's Second Chair replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Is the line about Gomer...when Andy saved his life?"
Wednesday
Dr. Pendyke replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Saw Hal Smith on an episode of Peter Gunn. He played the night clerk at a fleabag hotel.…"
Tuesday
"Uncle Ollie! Here's an easy one: “Well that’s just about the silliest…"
Monday
"No, not Malcolm either. It's from Season 4."
Monday
c m smyrl left a comment for ColHarV
"Thank You  "
Monday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"For the bonus....Malcolm?"
Monday
Dud replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"Kerosene Cucumbers"
Monday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Otis, for sure. Who said “I taught him everything he knows!”"
Monday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service