iMayberry Community

About time to show our cards. Which mayor do you like more? Less?

Stoner aggravates me six ways to Sunday. Speak up, everyone. Now's your chance.

Views: 336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Burt was the cop, played by Ward Bond (Wagon Train), but you have Leonard nailed, cha-ching indeed. In his movie career he was known often to play gangsters. Odd how he was involved with the sweet ans soft TAGS.

Here are two pictures of Sheldon Leonard. One of them shows him as the bartender in that movie.

Attachments:

Pike was a befuddled, somewhat confused mayor, but at heart he was a nice guy. Stoner was just a pure mean s.o.b. Andy and Barn should have left him up in the tree and let the bear take care of him.

He was wishy-washy pure and simple. 

True, but wishy-washy is better than mean old coot like Stoner.

Cute and lovable perhaps. Make a good bobblehead.

Put in an audio chip with that high pitched voice and I'd likely buy one. 

Mayor Pike for me. I find Stoner rather aggravating as well. Some people like that sort of character, but it drives me mad. But then I often find that with roles that Parley Baer plays, he was similarly aggravating (sometimes) as one of Ozzie & Harriet's neighbours, probably not as much as TAGS. But he did plenty of things I like too, he did after all, do a lot of stuff. 

But then you must have conflict in comedy (like between Mayor Stoner and Andy Taylor) because that's what generates a lot of the humour. People getting along with one another just isn't funny, it's pleasant and charming, but rarely funny. 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

George's TV Repair replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I went to grade school with a girl, who for years, would vehemently correct anyone who give her…"
yesterday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I barely remember telephone exchanges. They were used to represent the first two letters of a 7…"
yesterday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I’ve often wondered about phone numbers on The Andy Griffith Show like: 371J, or MP-3791 etc.…"
Thursday
Ronald Stutes replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"General Mills and General Foods were separate companies. General Foods was merged into Kraft Foods…"
Thursday
mayberryfan replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Correct!"
Wednesday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot…"
Wednesday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot…"
Wednesday
mayberryfan replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot machine! What…"
Wednesday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service