iMayberry Community

During the show actual (real) people were mentioned. I believe there is a list somewhere but I can't find it. So under this topic list the real person and the episode if you know it.

I'll start with Glenn Ford in "The Bank Job"

I know there are lots of others.

Views: 821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gabby Hayes was mentioned in the episode where the Hollywood producer came to town.  

Floyd often quoted Calvin Coolidge even though he was actually quoting someone else like Mark Twain.

There's three. 

I can think of a few: Teddy Roosevelt, in The Horse Trader.  (The old cannon episode) Then Aunt Bee had a thing for Rock Hudson. and then Andy mentioned  Elvis Presley once - indirectly. He said something like: " What about that fella you see on TV shakin and wigglin like somebody was shootin his dog.

And then:   J. Edgar Hoover.   And Barney had a striking resemblance to Frank Sinatra. 

Barney was always  full of police lingo the day after a George Raft movie.

Somebody help me with this one, please,  it's driving me crazy:

Gomer, Barney and Andy are at Andy's house getting ready to go out. Andy looks at Gomer and says, "Your hair's dripping, put a little crease in the front, You've seen _____  _____."

I think Andy tells Goober his hair is dripping in 'Goober and the Art of Love' when Goob and Lydia come over to Thelma Lou's after they eat up that box of candy.

And Andy tells Gomer to put a rabbit ridge in his hair telling him to "Push from the back to the front, you've seen Ralph Belemy." in 'A Date for Gomer' right before they go to Thelma Lou's to meet Mary Grace.

You're the best, Dud!

Barney says ol' Mr. Big himself might be comin back You know Andy they never did clean up all that Capone gang
I think it was in the episode Opie's Hobo Friend
Good one Mrs. Mendlebright
The answer is Ralph Bellamy
Ralph Bellamy

Paul Revere- He was poor as Job's Turkey

Sigmund Frood or Freud

Andy and Opie discuss Mr. Gregory Peck after going to one of his movies.  Opie wonders why Mr. Peck's accent changes from movie to movie.  Andy replies, "That's the actor of the man."

Andy tells Barney in the episode "Cyrano Andy" haven't you seen enough Rock Hudson movies to know how to sweet talk a girl

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That O'Malley was a sneaky one. He managed to sneak in a year-and-a-half later in Season 4 as…"
41 minutes ago
Rare Nickle replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Have you ever noticed? In the “ convicts at large “ episode, Andy greets Mr…"
54 minutes ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That is definitely trained noticing!"
2 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Just noticed in the "Barney's Sidecar" episode in season 4 that the two American…"
12 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"All these years both as a TAGS nut and Byrds fan and I never realized that was Clarence…"
yesterday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"In "Mayberry on Record" we see Clarence White playing the guitar in Floyd's Barber…"
yesterday
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion Say a Word
""Falderal" That's one you don't hear every day!"
Friday
Ralph Henderson replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"That was "Old Aunt Mariah". What a classic! Charlene rebuffed his offer to sing…"
Friday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"Ernest T tuned and played an oil can while singing "Eatin Goober Peas"  "
Friday
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion What If?
"A.  Barney and Thelma Lou got  married, and they lived happily-ever-after (assuming Thel…"
Friday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"I like how Barney does Santa Maria solo. He gets that mouth open like nobody else could. "
Friday
mayberryfan replied to Thelscuz's discussion What If?
"What if Barney had stayed in Mayberry?"
Friday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service