iMayberry Community

During the show actual (real) people were mentioned. I believe there is a list somewhere but I can't find it. So under this topic list the real person and the episode if you know it.

I'll start with Glenn Ford in "The Bank Job"

I know there are lots of others.

Views: 1006

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In "Barney's Sidecar" Barney mentions Alexander Graham Bell and says "People laughed at him right over the telephone"

Also Wilbur and Orville:   ..they laugh them off Wright Air Force base.

In the Season 6 Episode 10 they mention all kinds of Hollywood stars. Doris Day, Dean Martin, Jack Benny, and Caesar  Romero.  Aunt Bee brags about her game show winnings.

In Earnest T. Joins the Army episode, Barney wants to throw a dragnet over the whole town to recapture E.T. Bass.  Andy tells him they're not after Matt Dillinger.  

In the episode "The Song Festers" Elanora Poultice mentions Peter, Paul and Mary when she is trying to think of a catchy name for Andy, Barney and Gomer singing trio.

"How about Taylor, Fife and Pyle?.... No... That sounds too much like Peter, Paul and Mary"

Sorry to be picky, but Elanora said it sounded too much like Peter, Pyle and Mary. I only brought it up because I thought that was funny. ;-)
I'll say Reverand Alden Little House on the Prarie "Barney Fife Realtor" 1965
How about The Legend of Paul Revere Season 3 "Andy Discovers America" 1963

Anybody mention Marconi, Barney's inspiration for his high-tech listening devices in "The Great Filling Station Robbery"?

Cary Grant Judy Judy in "Picnic" 1955

Glenn Ford G-Men Year ?
Jack Nicholson "Opie finds a Baby" 1967
In the episode Opie's Group" The Sound Commitee. Bubblegum Pop.
Excellent Tune.

Cliff looked and sounded like Davy Jones. In real life they would have made it big.
Groovy episode indeed.
In the episode "Barney's Sidecar" Andy jokes about Barney's outfit. He makes a reference to Baron Von Riechtofen in 1918.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

George's TV Repair replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I went to grade school with a girl, who for years, would vehemently correct anyone who give her…"
yesterday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I barely remember telephone exchanges. They were used to represent the first two letters of a 7…"
yesterday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I’ve often wondered about phone numbers on The Andy Griffith Show like: 371J, or MP-3791 etc.…"
Thursday
Ronald Stutes replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"General Mills and General Foods were separate companies. General Foods was merged into Kraft Foods…"
Thursday
mayberryfan replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Correct!"
Wednesday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot…"
Wednesday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot…"
Wednesday
mayberryfan replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot machine! What…"
Wednesday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service