iMayberry Community

During the show actual (real) people were mentioned. I believe there is a list somewhere but I can't find it. So under this topic list the real person and the episode if you know it.

I'll start with Glenn Ford in "The Bank Job"

I know there are lots of others.

Views: 863

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

your reply is blank...I guess the Count does exist! LOL

Sorry I messed up.

In Opies Band, The Beatles are mentioned.

They are in Emmetts shop and Goober says to Opie: "When you get to be like one of those Beagles are you still going to talk to me?" Opie says: "Beatles Goob"

Opie mentions several people in the episode "Off To Hollywood" including John Wayne, Fabian
Dino's on Sunset Blvd

Wyatt Earp was mentioned as Clarence Earp's cousin.

Malcolm Meriweather mentioned the three U.S. Presidents Pierce, Buchanan and Lincoln when setting Barney straight on American History.

Ferlin Husky

Whether he is real or not is still out for debate but there are those who believe that Count Istvan Telekey just might be here in this room with us.

Johnny Unitas was mentioned.

Don't forget Whitey Ford's dippsy doddle pitch.

Opie and his friend mentioned Mickey Mantle right before they lost that baseball in the Rimshaw place.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Shorty Cox replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"As a teenager in the early '60s, I fell In LUST with Nancy Malone watching her on the ABC…"
7 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I think it was Ellie Runs For Council, but no matter OR does it matter? Did not see the mail slot,…"
18 hours ago
SWFLguy replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"You'd think that those nostalgia channels would run the RFD episodes. Sure, many of them were…"
18 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"So many episodes I was trying to recall. What a link!! Actually I am getting peeved seeing so many…"
18 hours ago
rb replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"yes and no.  see…"
yesterday
Gary W. Burg replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"I hear tell it was the final episode of the original series."
yesterday
"Just saw an old-fashioned radiator in the jail. That's a vote for steam heat."
yesterday
Ralph Henderson replied to Dud's discussion Behind the scenes home movie of TAGS
"Also...the car, obviously parked in the driveway, is on the wrong side of the house."
Thursday
Rare Nickle replied to Dud's discussion Behind the scenes home movie of TAGS
"Some of that film is reversed, some shots of Andy his hair is parted on the wrong side."
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I think Aunt Bee was the emergency back-up, armed with her wooden spoon.  Ouch!"
Thursday
"Okay, I am no talented noticer like some of you. But in the runaway kid episode, Barney pulls up to…"
Thursday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"And they were running the furnace in the summer! Like Floyd (or was it Calvin Coolidge) says,…"
Wednesday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service