iMayberry Community

Some outlandish statements were made by various citizens of Mayberry on different occasions.  Let's think about (or, as Gomer would say as he replaced the bucket over his head, "thank about") the most outlandish/shocking/off-the-wall comments ever made by Mayberrians:

I'll start:

Surely one of the most unexpected, and if I didn't love him so, I would almost say "dumb," questions ever asked was Gomer's.  He had been farred by Wally for being "insufficient in his duties".  He had heard that there was an opening at the meat market.  Andy asks, "Do you know anything about cutting meat?"

Gomer:  "Do you thank they'll ask me that?"

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She could be saying "careen" sort of meaning,,,  well go here:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/careen

I think you've got it,  Dave.

Definition number 4:  South Midland U.S. to lean or bend away from the vertical position:

I think I've heard people say, "The car careened around the corner."  Probably Gilly Walker driving.

:

"He's studying to be a doctor" Andy says this about Gomer in the episode "Man in a Hurry"

I, too, think you've got it, Dave.  But, as One Selfish Giraffe pointed out, there's also this possibility:  "crane" :  to stretch (the neck) as a crane does, as in straining to see over something. 

Boy, she would have had to really be going through some contortions to sleep in this position, wouldn't she?  

I was just basing the idea on Netflix showing "crane" for the dialogue.

BARNEY:  "I think Sam Becker is growing illegal crops out here. Why else would he be working the fields at night?

ANDY:  Like what?  What would he be growing?

BARNEY:  Like marijuana. 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Newton Monroe changed professions. Was a seller of goods out of his car, but thanks to Andy he…"
5 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Frank Myers made berries for womens' hats. (If berries was to come back in again, he'd be…"
6 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Mister Schlummer sold realestate sitting in his office smoking a big fat cigar and when…"
9 hours ago
Michael replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Who said: "Dexter Street?"?"
10 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"You get the Mayberry Spot Tom Award for that one Dave! "
19 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Floyd Lawson was the.....uh, um......uh, the, uh......oh, yes.....the barber."
yesterday
Michael replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Howard was the County Clerk"
yesterday
Michael replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Helen was a teacher. "Helen, anything wrong with my eyes?  You a teacher.""
yesterday
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
" Gomer and Goober pumped gas and worked on cars at Wally's Service Station.  Of…"
yesterday
Dave Cline replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"Just noticed this on a behind the scene photo. In second photo, look who has his own chair!"
yesterday
Michael replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Me either but we know for a fact there wasn't one for a falcon keeper..."
Friday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"In the color episodes, there are always eleven index card notices on Floyd's barbershop…"
Friday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service