iMayberry Community

Hey folks
Mayberry has many memorable and hilarious episodes to boot. One of the funniest is High Noon in Mayberry. A personal favorite. Let's see which one's will top your lists. feel free to comment.

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pickles:  Let's face it--that episode is funny from start to finish.  The expressions on the faces of Andy, Barney, and Opie while they are trying to eat up the "store pickles"--that alone makes me cry I laugh so hard.  When Barney is trying to get out of the kitchen with the jars in his satchel and keeps saying more than he should to Aunt Bee about his "trip," it's hilarious.  Ditto the expressions on Andy's and Barney's faces there at the end as Andy sticks the fork into two more of those kerosene cucumbers and says, "We'll do what we should have done to begin with--learn to like 'em!"

That is a great episode Thelscuz.  It's hard not to laugh the entire time it's on.

One that has always stuck out in my mind as being so funny is Dinner at Eight.   Only Andy could get caught up in a mess like that.  And true to Andy form, instead of upsetting someone and telling them he can't eat again, he's polite and eats all three dinners.  I've laughed so hard watching that episode.

Convicts at Large

"If Sally wants to dance, you dance!"

"Convicts at Large," is definitely in my top five, Mayor Pike, right up through Floyd's final line about the burnt hamburgers -- for which he will not be responsible!

One that I laugh all the way through is "Mountain Wedding."  When Barney throws back his bridal veil and declares, "I wouldn't marry you if you were the last man on earth!" I still fall about laughing after all these years.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Michael replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"No, it was Opie explaining to Aunt Bee and Clara some of the songs about different towns…"
18 minutes ago
MarkoFifo replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Ol Ferdie?"
32 minutes ago
guitarplayer replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"btw, Sharon deSpain was played by Peggy McCay"
2 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"The Mayberry Prohibition ended with the black and white episodes."
2 hours ago
Michael replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I also think it's funny in the second reunion episode when Aunt Bee is looking over the names…"
6 hours ago
"you're right.  Now that you mention it Sharon DeSpain did look a lot like Thelma Lou."
6 hours ago
Michael replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"No.  I'll give a hint.  It was in the Keevy Hazelton episode."
6 hours ago
guitarplayer replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"no, the only actress I think looks like Thelma Lou is Sharon deSpain..."
10 hours ago
Susan Plesha replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Wow!  You must be a trained noticer!"
10 hours ago
Susan Plesha replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Was it Mr. Dave?"
10 hours ago
Susan Plesha replied to Susan Plesha's discussion Curious...Curious...
"I just did a little research.  Tupperware was invented in 1946.  I never would've…"
10 hours ago
"Yes, I noticed Franklin.  Played the character 'Floss' in the reunion episode. …"
11 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service