iMayberry Community

In A Black Day For Mayberry, Andy was wearing a gun in order to help protect the gold truck. What other episodes contain scenes where the high sheriff made use of a firearm in the performance of his duties?

Views: 475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

in Aunt Bee's Brief Encounter, he dis-assembles his shotgun after basically running off Mr. Wheeler.

There was one when Andy brought in some prisoners and locked them up.  He had a shotgun and there were four prisoners, the Gordon boys who were operating a still.  That's when Andy had a cast on his hand, broke a couple fingers in real life I think.   Oh,   its the ep when Otis goes to jail in Andy's house cuz theres no room in the jail.  

It seems this question has morphed into a list of times Andy has fired or handled a gun so we can include the time he shoots Barney's gun at the ceiling in the courthouse in, 'The Gentleman Crook.' He also shot a rifle at the shooting gallery.

well, when we get to some sort of conclusion on this topic, I can total up by both. I have a compelshion for this forum, so I'll keep watching.
Andy carried a shotgun in season six episode, The Legend Of Barnry Fife, as they hunted the escapee at the depot.

And to add to all of this: Andy used Gomer's box of light bulbs dumped from on high to make 2 crooks yell "Machine gun, he's got a machine gun!". 

Season 7....."Otis the Deputy"......Andy takes a shotgun out to the old Carson shack to try and capture two bank robbers.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"I remember that episode. Floyd (I mean Andy) gives Wally a shave as prearranged with Wally's…"
21 hours ago
c m smyrl joined Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group
Thumbnail

Mayberry Squad Car Owners

Owners of replicas of Mayberry Squad Cars now have a place to gather and share their cars with each…See More
Sunday
Bernie Fife replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"A master of fake haircuts."
Saturday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Andy's Dad
"If we need any verification, we are running out of time and people. Maybe Betty Lynn or Ron Howard…"
Friday
Dud replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"poor guy was type cast."
Friday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Andy's Dad
"I've heard that."
Friday
Gary W. Burg posted a discussion

Andy's Dad

His father appears briefly in the "Farmer Takes A Wife" episode. When Andy takes local farmer Jeff…See More
Sep 13
Keevy Hazelton replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"He sure did and his name was Andy!"
Sep 12
Bernie Fife replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"Floyd made it on Beaver, too.  "
Sep 11
Gary W. Burg replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"Anyone breaking out in hives? Or like Lydia, with the herpes?"
Sep 11
Gary W. Burg replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
Sep 11
Keevy Hazelton replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"Wonder if Medwin was running that racket in Mayfield?"
Sep 11

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service