iMayberry Community

Andy fans appreciated Susan in "Prisoner of Love." Here's a brief overview of her life,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3OlgiGG4vg

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She looked good enough to take to Chinatown.  

Susan Oliver, Barbara Eden and Joanna Moore....I don’t think I’d ever be able to decide among ‘em!

Sure do love love love that saying, but I keep forgetting to use it in my life.

As for choosing among women, I always have that trouble. Is that being greedy or perhaps fickle? I liked Sue Ane Langdon too as well as Julie Adams, both played the county nurse. 

Flora's my chosen woman.

I have to say, just look at the possible "love interest" candidates the powers had to choose from and they picked "Hellen"  Makes one wonder!!!

Any one of the 6 above would have been better. 

And and and the original intention was that Helen would be a short deal, that's why she had a clunky last name, but she lasted toward infinity.

As a boy, I met Susan Oliver. Her stepmother and half-brothers lived on the street backing the street I lived on. When the local newspaper (in Lafayette, Louisiana) printed an article that she was in town, all the boys in the neighborhood suddenly decided it was a good day to play with the Gercke brothers. When we turned up asking if we could play with them (something we had never done before), we didn't fool anyone. Susan Oliver was there, impeccably dressed, perched on the arm of a chair. She was very gracious to us and we were all as starstruck as Andy and Barney were.

Great story, Ronald. She was a looker alright.

I did a Two Chairs No Waiting episode all about her.  An amazing lady. 

https://youtu.be/9GpNZcNAZOk

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

George's TV Repair replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I went to grade school with a girl, who for years, would vehemently correct anyone who give her…"
yesterday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I barely remember telephone exchanges. They were used to represent the first two letters of a 7…"
yesterday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I’ve often wondered about phone numbers on The Andy Griffith Show like: 371J, or MP-3791 etc.…"
Thursday
Ronald Stutes replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"General Mills and General Foods were separate companies. General Foods was merged into Kraft Foods…"
Thursday
mayberryfan replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Correct!"
Wednesday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot…"
Wednesday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot…"
Wednesday
mayberryfan replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot machine! What…"
Wednesday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service