iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just saw Mayor Stoner (That's S-T-O-N-E-R) in a Hitchcock episode. Also in the same episode was the guy who brought bad luck to Mayberry but I can't think of his name.  They called him 'The Jinx'.

Just watching an Alfred Hitchcock with John Masters (the choir director-Olan Soule). I'm beginning to think all of our friends from Mayberry started out on Hitchcock.

Just saw our beloved girl Peggy in a Hitchcock episode "Invitation to an Accident" Season 4 Ep. 36.  She's a flirty lil hussy in this role.  The only way I could tell it was her was that voice.  Love that voice.

We love Peggy's voice, too.  Every time she pops up we say, "Ay-endy, what happened to your eyyyyyye?"

Saw an episode on Perry Mason with a shoplifter. And the same lady played the shoplifter in the Andy Griffith episode!  In this Perry Mason episode, the  sheriff was played by Mr. Foley the butcher. 

Little old ladies ought never to clank.

Makes you thank!

I watched an old Sterling Hayden movie called "Johnny Guitar" over the weekend.  Ben Weaver, Mr. Foley, and a VERY young Briscoe Darling were in it. 

We saw Briscoe in, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," last week!  Handsome and dignified!  Aunt Bee might want to rethink that proposal. 

I was flipping channels the other day and came across an episode of Tombstone Territory. Lo and behold, there was Otis Campbell, playing a townsperson (1958). I had checked Hal Smith's IMDb and noticed he had quite a long list of credits. Many of them were voice credits.

Was he sober?

Lol....he was!

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Floyd's Second Chair replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Is the line about Gomer...when Andy saved his life?"
15 hours ago
Dr. Pendyke replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Saw Hal Smith on an episode of Peter Gunn. He played the night clerk at a fleabag hotel.…"
23 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Uncle Ollie! Here's an easy one: “Well that’s just about the silliest…"
yesterday
"No, not Malcolm either. It's from Season 4."
yesterday
c m smyrl left a comment for ColHarV
"Thank You  "
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"For the bonus....Malcolm?"
Monday
Dud replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"Kerosene Cucumbers"
Monday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Otis, for sure. Who said “I taught him everything he knows!”"
Monday
Timothy G. liked UT Pendike's discussion TV Land RIP-OFF
Monday
"Here's a good one: "I woulda been here earlier, but I fell in with some evil…"
Sunday
Ralph Henderson replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Here's a good one: "I woulda been here earlier, but I fell in with some evil…"
Sunday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Our choir director and part-time hotel clerk John Masters (aka Olan Soule) can be found in…"
Saturday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service