iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Makes you thank!

I watched an old Sterling Hayden movie called "Johnny Guitar" over the weekend.  Ben Weaver, Mr. Foley, and a VERY young Briscoe Darling were in it. 

We saw Briscoe in, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," last week!  Handsome and dignified!  Aunt Bee might want to rethink that proposal. 

I was flipping channels the other day and came across an episode of Tombstone Territory. Lo and behold, there was Otis Campbell, playing a townsperson (1958). I had checked Hal Smith's IMDb and noticed he had quite a long list of credits. Many of them were voice credits.

Was he sober?

Lol....he was!

He was the voice of Goliath the dog in the children's show Davey and Goliath! 

Also the voice of John Avery Whittiker in the Christian children's radio drama Adventures in Odyssey. 

I saw Jubil Foster playing in a Hitchcock episode.  He was a main character. In case you don't remember, Jubil Foster is the guy who burned down his barn and blamed Opie and his fellow clubsmen.  If you want to know the name of the club... I can't tell ya (curse of the claw).

I saw Aneta Corsaut in an episode of Gunsmoke a few days ago. She played a strict, by the book nun. Made Helen Crump look like a wild thing.

IMDB says she was in three Gunsmoke eps between 1965-1967. Looks like she went west after TAGS.

Maybe she decided to head back to (Dodge City) Kansas. I also saw her playing the daughter of a Jewish peddler. I think that might have been on Bonanza. 

I wonder how hard it would be to name TAGS characters we haven't seen in other productions. Most of the notable ones have appeared either before or after the show. Even Mr. Schwump has stood against the wall on other dance floors.

Floyd maybe? I don't recall seeing Howard McNear in anything but TAGS.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Al Becker left a comment for Chuck Hansen
"Welcome to Mayberry!"
4 hours ago
Al Becker posted a status
"I come into rooms real nice."
14 hours ago
Al Becker updated their profile
14 hours ago
Chuck Hansen is now a member of iMayberry Community
yesterday
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"AND his breathing--WOW!!  Eleanora could put a breathing lesson on a feller.  I agree…"
Sep 18
Mayor Pike replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"He did improve a bit however with the help of Miss Poultice. His "me theys" were…"
Sep 18
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"One lesson ole Barn never did learn was that he was a really BAD singer.  Never could…"
Sep 17
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Andy sometimes seemed a little thick-headed. In "The Return Of Malcolm Merriweather", it…"
Sep 17
Dud replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"'nothing quite as sweet' or 'nothing half as sweet' as Juanita... Juanita.…"
Sep 15
Kathy Hinkley updated their profile
Sep 14
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Drinkin!"
Sep 11
Eric is now a member of iMayberry Community
Sep 11

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by