iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw Jubil Foster playing in a Hitchcock episode.  He was a main character. In case you don't remember, Jubil Foster is the guy who burned down his barn and blamed Opie and his fellow clubsmen.  If you want to know the name of the club... I can't tell ya (curse of the claw).

I saw Aneta Corsaut in an episode of Gunsmoke a few days ago. She played a strict, by the book nun. Made Helen Crump look like a wild thing.

IMDB says she was in three Gunsmoke eps between 1965-1967. Looks like she went west after TAGS.

Maybe she decided to head back to (Dodge City) Kansas. I also saw her playing the daughter of a Jewish peddler. I think that might have been on Bonanza. 

I wonder how hard it would be to name TAGS characters we haven't seen in other productions. Most of the notable ones have appeared either before or after the show. Even Mr. Schwump has stood against the wall on other dance floors.

Floyd maybe? I don't recall seeing Howard McNear in anything but TAGS.

Howard McNear was in some Gunsmoke episodes and at least one Twilight Zone the one with Andy Devine.

Thanks Scott. I just looked it up on IMDB.  His filmography goes all the way back to 1956 and he's played dozens of characters and voices in TV series before the 80 episodes of TAGS.  I don't know what I must have been thinking.  

But he was at his best as Floyd the barber, particularly Seasons 4-7. He is my favorite character from the show.

Agreed.  It was neat how they producers made a way for him to continue to play the role after his stroke.

I just saw Dick Elliot in an episode of 'Everglades' (1961-62).  He played shopkeeper Mr. Goodacre.

A more recent example just dawned on me. Clint Howard (who has a very long list of credits) played a suspected serial killer in Seinfeld. He was allegedly a big tipper.

Everett Sloane, who played Jubil Foster, was a well known supporting actor in many classic Hollywood films including Citizen Kane. An actor's got to work somewhere.

Saw Howard McNear in a 1962 episode of Gunsmoke last night on Insp. He was a mid mannered shop clerk, complete with Floyd like glasses. 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Donna Calloway is now a member of iMayberry Community
1 hour ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Barney’s judo teacher, I believe."
yesterday
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That’s always one of my favorite exchanges. Andy = “I’m all ears.” Barney…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Proof!!!!"
Wednesday
"Yes Sir! That Frank sure is smart, as Goober would say. Despite Helen's denials, her and Frank…"
Tuesday
Dud replied to SWFLguy's discussion never saw that ending
"Money grubbing spinsters they are!"
Monday
Dud replied to SWFLguy's discussion never saw that ending
"If you subscribe to Netflix you get the whole show (all 28 mins.) with the missing segments that…"
Monday
Dave Cline replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Frank Smith from "Andy's Rival" ?"
Monday
"Another hint: Possibly the most educated man to visit Mayberry!"
Monday
"That's a good guess Larry, but that is not the person. I am sure a Roger had that on his mind…"
Nov 11
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Mayor Pike, I’m wondering if it wasn’t Roger Bryant, the book publisher, on Helen the…"
Nov 11
"And it was a color episode."
Nov 11

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service