iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 963

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A more recent example just dawned on me. Clint Howard (who has a very long list of credits) played a suspected serial killer in Seinfeld. He was allegedly a big tipper.

But he doesn't think much of Ann Landers.

Everett Sloane, who played Jubil Foster, was a well known supporting actor in many classic Hollywood films including Citizen Kane. An actor's got to work somewhere.

Saw Howard McNear in a 1962 episode of Gunsmoke last night on Insp. He was a mid mannered shop clerk, complete with Floyd like glasses. 

The Governor in “Barney and the Governor” (Carl Benton Reid) was in two episodes as Laura’s father on The Dick Van Dyke Show.

Good find Bernie.

"Steve Quincy said he didn't have to come!"And we see where he ended up, busted for shoplifting on Adam-12.  Just like Barney said!  No more peanut butter and jelly.

(A little trivia, TAGS was his first credit, A12 was his second to last. Scott McCartor)

Shoplifting, huh?  I’m thinking he was maybe swiping tomatoes or peaches?

Howard Sprague got beat up and went to Barney Miller to report it.

Aw, poor Howard!  If Barney Miller doesn't take care of the perpetrator, I'll bet  Howard's mother will!

I bet is was that Clyde Plaunt, the septic guy from Mount Pilot, that did this to Howard!

LOL Was he Millie's old boyfriend?

Yes, Millie's old flame. Also, I believe Clyde Plaunt was an alias for his real name, Fred Plummer. And Clyde (Fred) signed up for Mr. Izamoto's Judo classes after Howard intimidated him the first time. But the second time around Howard's bluff did not work so well. Andy warned him: "It doesn't always work!"

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Ralph Henderson replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"It's the old "typecast" syndrome. Once you play a fella named "Goober",…"
10 hours ago
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I think he was hard up for work and they got him cheap."
12 hours ago
Dud replied to Thelscuz's discussion Is There A Doctor In The House?
"Bert the traveling salesman also got the versitis in his shoulder from carrying that suitcase. And…"
12 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"It just wasn't Barney's key though!"
14 hours ago
"Only a couple are in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame though -- which speaks volumes of that…"
14 hours ago
Dud replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"Believe Me If All Thy Endearing Young Charms - sung by Raif Hollister"
16 hours ago
George's TV Repair replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"From wikipedia: "and the entire Wrecking Crew was inducted into the Musicians Hall of Fame and…"
21 hours ago
"Word is that it was a man named Howard Roberts. He was a very accomplished player with credits on…"
yesterday
Ralph Henderson replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Barney-isms
""Ya see, Thelma Lou - this is what we call the deadly game. I'm in it for keeps.""
yesterday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"Speaking of music in Mayberry, in the third ep, "Guitar Player" James Best plays the…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Barney-isms
"We got lots of swings! We just don't use 'em at night!"
yesterday
Larry Grainger liked ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
yesterday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service