iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 963

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Howard called Clyde’s hand, and Clyde ran off.

Howard had a run in with a tuff guy in the bakery and it dint end so well.

Oh my!  I didn't remember how rough it became.

I wonder if Millie got back together with Clyde after she and Howard called it off.  I have a feeling Clyde wouldn't have minded a Las Vegas honeymoon.

Wait a minute. Maybe it was Millie herself who did that to Howie after the wedding was called off. Hell hath no fury, etc. When Howard was in the bakery, there were two varieties of cream puffs available. 

Prolly cause he was a Mama's boy.

Saw George Lindsey on a 1964 episode of  Gunsmoke last night. Back to playing the mean, not too bright outlaw type again.

I was watching Christmas in Connecticut, and Mayor Pike played a fairly prominent role as a usually jovial judge.  I also spotted Mr. Schwamp, as pointed out in another thread.  He was playing his usual role of a dance extra, but at least he wasn’t in a stag line with a bunch of slouched-over teenaged boys. He also looked pretty much like he did 18 or so years later in TAGS.  But wait, there’s more.....the sheriff in the movie looked a little familiar.  It turns out he was the original Floyd (Walter Baldwin).  Unlike Mr. S, he clearly did look younger.

Mayor Pike, even with his portly physique, gets around! 

Just watched a younger "Miss Lesch" in an Alfred Hitchcock episode "Toby".  She threatened to deck a guy twice her size. She is a feisty one! 

I saw that one. It was about a clock that stopped.

I just saw Will Wright (the “real” Ben Weaver) in the 1949 Best Picture movie “All the King’s Men”.  

Just saw Mayor Stoner in "Treasury Men in Action", a 50's era show that I found at reruncentury.com  He plays a cranky father. He is always kind of cranky!

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Ralph Henderson replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"It's the old "typecast" syndrome. Once you play a fella named "Goober",…"
11 hours ago
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I think he was hard up for work and they got him cheap."
12 hours ago
Dud replied to Thelscuz's discussion Is There A Doctor In The House?
"Bert the traveling salesman also got the versitis in his shoulder from carrying that suitcase. And…"
12 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"It just wasn't Barney's key though!"
15 hours ago
"Only a couple are in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame though -- which speaks volumes of that…"
15 hours ago
Dud replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"Believe Me If All Thy Endearing Young Charms - sung by Raif Hollister"
16 hours ago
George's TV Repair replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"From wikipedia: "and the entire Wrecking Crew was inducted into the Musicians Hall of Fame and…"
21 hours ago
"Word is that it was a man named Howard Roberts. He was a very accomplished player with credits on…"
yesterday
Ralph Henderson replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Barney-isms
""Ya see, Thelma Lou - this is what we call the deadly game. I'm in it for keeps.""
yesterday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"Speaking of music in Mayberry, in the third ep, "Guitar Player" James Best plays the…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Barney-isms
"We got lots of swings! We just don't use 'em at night!"
yesterday
Larry Grainger liked ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
yesterday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service