iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 736

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A more recent example just dawned on me. Clint Howard (who has a very long list of credits) played a suspected serial killer in Seinfeld. He was allegedly a big tipper.

But he doesn't think much of Ann Landers.

Everett Sloane, who played Jubil Foster, was a well known supporting actor in many classic Hollywood films including Citizen Kane. An actor's got to work somewhere.

Saw Howard McNear in a 1962 episode of Gunsmoke last night on Insp. He was a mid mannered shop clerk, complete with Floyd like glasses. 

The Governor in “Barney and the Governor” (Carl Benton Reid) was in two episodes as Laura’s father on The Dick Van Dyke Show.

Good find Bernie.

"Steve Quincy said he didn't have to come!"And we see where he ended up, busted for shoplifting on Adam-12.  Just like Barney said!  No more peanut butter and jelly.

(A little trivia, TAGS was his first credit, A12 was his second to last. Scott McCartor)

Shoplifting, huh?  I’m thinking he was maybe swiping tomatoes or peaches?

Howard Sprague got beat up and went to Barney Miller to report it.

Aw, poor Howard!  If Barney Miller doesn't take care of the perpetrator, I'll bet  Howard's mother will!

I bet is was that Clyde Plaunt, the septic guy from Mount Pilot, that did this to Howard!

LOL Was he Millie's old boyfriend?

Yes, Millie's old flame. Also, I believe Clyde Plaunt was an alias for his real name, Fred Plummer. And Clyde (Fred) signed up for Mr. Izamoto's Judo classes after Howard intimidated him the first time. But the second time around Howard's bluff did not work so well. Andy warned him: "It doesn't always work!"

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Curtis Herd is now a member of iMayberry Community
10 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Why Do You Love TAGS?
"Kerosene cucumbers, apple pie, big chicken dinners, and spaghetti made with the secret…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Why Do You Love TAGS?
"The many humorous mentions of food, from bubble and squeak, to sawdust meatballs, to having your…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Why Do You Love TAGS?
"I like the fact that there was almost always a moral lesson woven in with the laughs"
Tuesday
Allan "Floyd" Newsome replied to Mrs. Mendlebright's discussion Pop Quiz: "The Education of Ernest T"
"I used these questions on episode 475 of the Two Chairs No Waiting Podcast!  Thanks for the…"
Tuesday
Rick a Cole posted photos
Monday
Mike keller posted photos
Monday
Mayor Pike posted a discussion

Why Do You Love TAGS?

So give the top two or three (or more) reasons for loving this show.Here are mine:Great writing.…See More
Monday
Floyd's Second Chair replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"The way he delivers that line is pure gold. "
Sunday
Floyd's Second Chair replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"I love that line. That's Andy to the boorish Roger Hanover, not long after Roger…"
Sunday
Floyd's Second Chair replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Ha. Hilarious. But those selections were over their heads. "
Sunday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Who said "I'm a giant when it comes to potting petunias!" ?"
Apr 21

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service