iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 920

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Saw our girl Thelma Lou on a western this morning.... 1959 movie called The Hangman with Fess Parker. 

First time poster.

I have been reading up on some of TAGS characters the past few day, this was stunning to me, Glenn Cripe,the bass singer in several shows was actually the voice of God in Cecil B DeMille's movie The Ten Commandments!  What a great voice he had.   Here is picture of his obit, his real name is Jesse Delos Jewkes. 

Good find Mr. Brown.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but both Denver Pyle (Briscoe Darling) and James Best (Jim Lindsey) were on The Dukes of Hazzard as Uncle Jesse and Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane respectively!

Ron Howard (Opie Taylor) also played Winthrop on The Music Man.

Opie was the star of "The Music Man," for me.  Most talented child actor ever.

(Well, there was that little girl with blond curls who was the top box office draw of the 30's, but still, Opie's my favorite.)

Goober (George Lindsey) is the focus of one episode of MASH. He plays a boisterous, loud-mouthed, stand-in doctor who got on everyone's last nerve. 

He's so out of character in that!  I can believe Goober as an intellectual history expert with a beard, easier than that doctor.

Ellie (Elinor Donahue) was also in an episode of The Dukes of Hazard as an FBI agent.

Here is Aunt Nora, using a crowbar to jimmy a door on Dragnet Episode "Narco: Pillmaker".

That's hilarious!  Wonder if her husband made her do that so he could hear police sirens.

The Twilight Zone Season 1: Episode 3, "Mr, Bevis" has two of our Mayberry friends in it. Barney's first girlfriend, Hilda May and the woman who played Otis' wife. Both have bit parts. I think The Twilight Zone and TAGS were filmed at the same studio complex, Cayuga. Musta been cool living in that area of Los Angeles in he 60's.

Just because it’s there, I’ll mention The Blob (I finally watched).  Aneta Corsaut played Steve McQueen’s girlfriend, and was much sweeter than Helen C.  Definitely more of a daughter-figure.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Dr. Pendyke replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Saw Hal Smith on an episode of Peter Gunn. He played the night clerk at a fleabag hotel.…"
5 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Uncle Ollie! Here's an easy one: “Well that’s just about the silliest…"
yesterday
"No, not Malcolm either. It's from Season 4."
yesterday
c m smyrl left a comment for ColHarV
"Thank You  "
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"For the bonus....Malcolm?"
yesterday
Dud replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"Kerosene Cucumbers"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Otis, for sure. Who said “I taught him everything he knows!”"
yesterday
Timothy G. liked UT Pendike's discussion TV Land RIP-OFF
Monday
"Here's a good one: "I woulda been here earlier, but I fell in with some evil…"
Sunday
Ralph Henderson replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Here's a good one: "I woulda been here earlier, but I fell in with some evil…"
Sunday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Our choir director and part-time hotel clerk John Masters (aka Olan Soule) can be found in…"
Saturday
Chris Millican commented on ColHarV's photo
Thumbnail

Toot, Toot...Tootsie

"be careful HarV love Alma. Nice photo thanks chris"
Friday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service