iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 2166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Musta been a popular name back then. I like how the writers named people on the show. All unusual names. Gilly Walker, Laura Lee Hobbs, Sam Becker, Myra Coontz, Plain Claude Beeman, Earl Gilly, Sharon Despain, Nate Bracey, Leonard Blush, Ramona Wiley. The writers of Seinfeld did this too. I think it adds charm to the show. I hate stories with commonly named characters. It's like drinking flat coke or eating stale bread.

I agree.  Permit me to add one....Annabelle Silby.

I saw Lydia Crossthwaite (Josie Lloyd) in an episode of My Three Sons the other day.  She was ditzy but not as abnormal as Lydia.  

Attachments:

Here’s a TAGS character cropping up in a strange place....Howard’s girlfriend Millie (Irene Golonka) playing a prostitute in 1968’s Hang ‘Em High.  When I saw her, I felt like I should ring up the good ladies of Mayberry to boycott or something.

Millie did have a wild streak in her. Remember how, when briefly engaged to Howard, wanted to spend the honeymoon in Vegas. She was not too crazy about Howard’s plans for spending the honeymoon going to the “King Arthur Pageant”.

I was watching My Three Sons again and saw this lady, actress Molly Dodd, playing a reporter.  I thought, “Hey, that’s the vulcanized meatball lady” (Lillian from The Rumor episode).  I had not noticed before, but she also played Maudie in Andy’s Vacation, and in the Class Reunion, Mrs. Bracey, Mrs. Bracey, Mrs. Bracey.

Attachments:

Mrs. Bracey.

who can identify this TAGS character, starring in an off-beat movie?

How about James Best?  I've been looking for him again!

It is, Bobby.  He’s leading as escape in a makeshift tank made of upside-down 55 gallon drums in the “Killer Shrews”.  And, he gets the girl,

james Best

480A6449-BF9A-467F-8A3B-68C2649EC919.jpeg

I was watching the Creature (Cheech-ter) from the Black Lagoon and I noticed that the female lead was Julie Adams, county nurse Mary Simpson, another lovely that Andy let get away.  Unfortunately, she passed away in early February, age 92.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Bobby Fleet replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Let’s Play Clue?
"I’ll take a long shot with “The Gypsies”, being there’s a dry spell."
1 hour ago
Adrian Ramey liked Adrian Ramey's profile
3 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Let’s Play Clue?
"You’re walking through the woods one day and come upon a river which is quite low due to a…"
5 hours ago
Phil Sunkel replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"This must be from “The Guitar Player” when Andy compliments Jim Lindsey’s guitar…"
9 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"My first guess would be Barney’s Bloodhound, but something tells me there is some deeper…"
20 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Saw Opie on The Twilight Zone.  Episode called: “Walking Distance”  A New…"
yesterday
Keevy Hazelton replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Also when Gomer drives Thelmer Lou to Mt. Pilot, you can see a large cluster of palm trees along…"
yesterday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"What episode did I just watch?"
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service