iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 2339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Andy Griffith appeared in a Season 4 episode of Rowan & Martin's Laugh In from 1971. Seen here with regulars Barbara Sharma and Ruth Buzzi. 

Saw Opie on The Twilight Zone.  Episode called: “Walking Distance”  A New York business man gets his car repaired about a mile and a half from the small town he grew up in.   He has time so he walks there to take a look around. Finds things haven’t changed at all. In fact he had walked into the past and even saw himself as a kid. His Mom and Dad think he is some kind of a nut when he tries to talk to them as an adult from the future.  Opie played one of his childhood friends who got spooked and ran away when the guy tried to tell him who he was. Ron Howard must have been maybe barely four years old in that one. It looked like it was earlier than TAGS first running. 

A future TAGS director and a future TAGS star. Richard Crenna and Elinor Donahue in the Father Knows Best episode "Promising Young Man" from 1956. Although when he started directing, she was long gone.

Howard McNear in The Real McCoys episode "The Law and Mr McCoy" from 1962. He would have been doing TAGS by this time.

Elinor Donahue appeared in a season one episode of Diff'rent Strokes "The Woman", playing a woman who was going to marry Phillip Drummond (Conrad Bain), but she wants to send the children to boarding schools, so the marriage is off. If I was Phil I think I'd be sending the kids to boarding school and marrying her.

Jack Burns appeared in the first episode of Season 2 of The Partridge Family, "Dora, Dora, Dora". And not a "huh huh' to be heard. He's actually very different from the Warren character, for the brief time he's on screen.

So good to see a positive post about Jack Burns, James. He gets very little respect in most TAGS circles.

Here is Ellie at about age 16 in the Season 1 opening credits for Father Knows Best.

Last night I watched Columbo, episode called A Stitch in Crime. Helen Crump was a nurse and looking very pretty. 

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Franklin Dickerson replied to Mayor Pike's discussion ANDYGRAMS
"Ohh okay. Roger Hanover.  I never was too fond of that guy.  "
7 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion ANDYGRAMS
"This guy seems to be living a double life! A WAXED RYE VENUE"
11 hours ago
"Watch yourself if you should shake hands with a guy that has no thumbs!"
11 hours ago
Bobby Fleet replied to Mayor Pike's discussion ANDYGRAMS
"Having a hard time with this one.  I’m just getting over the grip!"
15 hours ago
"An annoying phrase: AGENT ANTHILL WHO"
18 hours ago
Luther Heggs replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"thank you Keevy for that post.  I did not know that and I always loved the Leonard Blush…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Shorty Cox's discussion Tech Question
"The pics are most likely from some online source. You use some sort of screen shot program.…"
Wednesday
Mayor Pike replied to Shorty Cox's discussion Tech Question
"The pics are most likely from some online source. You use some sort of screen shot program.…"
Wednesday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service