iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 2338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gomer must be thinking, haven't I seen you somewhere before? From the Season 3 episode of Gomer Pyle USMC, "The Secret Life of Gomer Pyle". 

Sgt. Carter: "You didn't know I did what to rugs before?"

Howard Morris appeared in a 1963 episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show (The Masterpiece) playing an antiques expert, about as far removed from Ernest T Bass as you could get, although he was still a touch eccentric.

Haldecker, I believe.  This was an extra funny episode.  

Denver Pyle (Briscoe Darling) appeared in a 1963 episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show (Uncle George) playing Rob's over-enthusiastic uncle who's looking for a wife. Appearing in the same episode was Bill Idelson (at far left), writer of 19 TAGS episodes, he also wrote this episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show. Denver Pyle, Dick Van Dyke and Rose Marie from the same episode. 

Charles Lane (Mr Frisby from TAGS) and Maudie Prickett (Aunt Nora & Mrs Larch from TAGS) appeared in Episode 12 of Get Smart (My Nephew The Spy) as Max's aunt and uncle. Ironically this episode was directed by Bruce Bilson, earlier Assistant Director on TAGS. Don Adams, Maudie Prickett and Charles Lane from the Season One episode of Get Smart, "My Nephew The Spy". 

Jack Dodson played Ralph Malph's father (Mickey Malph) in Happy Days on three occasions. He was an optometrist that in this episode was going to prescribe glasses for Fonzie (very uncool). This is from the Season 3 episode, Sight For Sore Eyes.

Mother!

This doesn't even look like the same person without the 'stache!!

Elinor Donahue from the 1960 Season 2 Dennis The Menace episode "The Wedding". I assume she most likely did this between Father Knows Best and The Andy Griffith Show. She was playing the niece of Mr & Mrs Wilson who was getting married. 

Hal Smith appeared in the Season 2 episode of The Brady Bunch "The Winner", from 1971 as a kid's TV show host.

This is a gem!

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"But your right.  She was just mentioned, not shown."
13 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Win One For the Old Goob
"Opie is about 17 in this pic. "
13 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"“Leonard Blush, Leonard Blush. Is that all you can think of is Leonard Blush!?” (Barney)"
15 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson liked Keevy Hazelton's discussion Win One For the Old Goob
yesterday
Keevy Hazelton posted a discussion

Win One For the Old Goob

George Lindsey and Ron Howard in 1971.…See More
yesterday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
yesterday
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"I think it was the episode Charlene wanted the divorce. Said she caught Dud making eyes at Idell…"
Saturday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Leonard Blush
"Which one had Idel Bushy in it?   I only remember her by when charlene Darling mentioned her.…"
Saturday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service