iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 789

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just saw Mayor Stoner (That's S-T-O-N-E-R) in a Hitchcock episode. Also in the same episode was the guy who brought bad luck to Mayberry but I can't think of his name.  They called him 'The Jinx'.

Just watching an Alfred Hitchcock with John Masters (the choir director-Olan Soule). I'm beginning to think all of our friends from Mayberry started out on Hitchcock.

Just saw our beloved girl Peggy in a Hitchcock episode "Invitation to an Accident" Season 4 Ep. 36.  She's a flirty lil hussy in this role.  The only way I could tell it was her was that voice.  Love that voice.

We love Peggy's voice, too.  Every time she pops up we say, "Ay-endy, what happened to your eyyyyyye?"

Saw an episode on Perry Mason with a shoplifter. And the same lady played the shoplifter in the Andy Griffith episode!  In this Perry Mason episode, the  sheriff was played by Mr. Foley the butcher. 

Little old ladies ought never to clank.

Makes you thank!

I watched an old Sterling Hayden movie called "Johnny Guitar" over the weekend.  Ben Weaver, Mr. Foley, and a VERY young Briscoe Darling were in it. 

We saw Briscoe in, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," last week!  Handsome and dignified!  Aunt Bee might want to rethink that proposal. 

I was flipping channels the other day and came across an episode of Tombstone Territory. Lo and behold, there was Otis Campbell, playing a townsperson (1958). I had checked Hal Smith's IMDb and noticed he had quite a long list of credits. Many of them were voice credits.

Was he sober?

Lol....he was!

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

mayberryfan replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Barney-isms
""Boy, giraffes are selfish. Always running around, looking out for number one.""
13 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Never noticed that before, chickie! Way to make the scene!"
yesterday
Bobby Fleet replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I've also noticed then Gomers legs are hanging off the roof, and the gun slides off the roof,…"
Tuesday
Rare Nickle replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"BREAD"
Tuesday
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"FINALLY!!! It was Goober in Season 6: "Look Paw, I'm Dancing!" I didn't think…"
Monday
"That O'Malley was a sneaky one. He managed to sneak in a year-and-a-half later in Season 4 as…"
Monday
Rare Nickle replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Have you ever noticed? In the “ convicts at large “ episode, Andy greets Mr…"
Monday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That is definitely trained noticing!"
Sunday
"Just noticed in the "Barney's Sidecar" episode in season 4 that the two American…"
Sunday
Ralph Henderson replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"All these years both as a TAGS nut and Byrds fan and I never realized that was Clarence…"
Saturday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"In "Mayberry on Record" we see Clarence White playing the guitar in Floyd's Barber…"
Saturday
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion Say a Word
""Falderal" That's one you don't hear every day!"
Friday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service