iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 1258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just saw Mayor Stoner (That's S-T-O-N-E-R) in a Hitchcock episode. Also in the same episode was the guy who brought bad luck to Mayberry but I can't think of his name.  They called him 'The Jinx'.

Just watching an Alfred Hitchcock with John Masters (the choir director-Olan Soule). I'm beginning to think all of our friends from Mayberry started out on Hitchcock.

Just saw our beloved girl Peggy in a Hitchcock episode "Invitation to an Accident" Season 4 Ep. 36.  She's a flirty lil hussy in this role.  The only way I could tell it was her was that voice.  Love that voice.

We love Peggy's voice, too.  Every time she pops up we say, "Ay-endy, what happened to your eyyyyyye?"

Saw an episode on Perry Mason with a shoplifter. And the same lady played the shoplifter in the Andy Griffith episode!  In this Perry Mason episode, the  sheriff was played by Mr. Foley the butcher. 

Little old ladies ought never to clank.

Makes you thank!

I watched an old Sterling Hayden movie called "Johnny Guitar" over the weekend.  Ben Weaver, Mr. Foley, and a VERY young Briscoe Darling were in it. 

We saw Briscoe in, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," last week!  Handsome and dignified!  Aunt Bee might want to rethink that proposal. 

I was flipping channels the other day and came across an episode of Tombstone Territory. Lo and behold, there was Otis Campbell, playing a townsperson (1958). I had checked Hal Smith's IMDb and noticed he had quite a long list of credits. Many of them were voice credits.

Was he sober?

Lol....he was!

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was a joke cracker."
yesterday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"It was Bobby Fleet who remarked how if there was a beauty contest in Mayberry, no one would win."
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Not sure where this belongs but I was watching an early episode of My Three Sons called The Blind…"
Thursday
Dud replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Try here: Youtube Video"
Tuesday
Cornelia Shields is now a member of iMayberry Community
Monday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Here are two pictures of Sheldon Leonard. One of them shows him as the bartender in that movie."
Monday
"Yes, Burt was the cop, played by Ward Bond (Wagon Train), but you have Leonard nailed, cha-ching…"
Monday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Wow I didn’t know that about them being n A Wonderful Life. I have the DVD, gonna have to…"
Monday
"He was in the 1946 classic "It's A Wonderful Life." Had a bit part, he was the man…"
Monday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Just watching TCM and I thought I saw Mayor Pike , or the actor -  Dick Elliott, in a movie so…"
Monday
Shorty Cox replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"This is a difficult.  Both brought so much to Mayberry.  S-T-O-N-E-R, was good at…"
Oct 14
Shorty Cox replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Yes,  Andy tells Opie his Ma died, we don't know if it was illness or just being stepped…"
Oct 14

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service