iMayberry Community

I know this has been talked about but TAGS characters crop up in the strangest places and when you find them you just gotta tell somebody! 

I was just watching an Alfred Hitchcock episode 'How to Get Rid of Your Wife' and lo and behold there was Chester and Skippy and they were in the same scenes together.  It's almost as exciting as finding a new Tom sighting!

Views: 1238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Howard called Clyde’s hand, and Clyde ran off.

Howard had a run in with a tuff guy in the bakery and it dint end so well.

Oh my!  I didn't remember how rough it became.

I wonder if Millie got back together with Clyde after she and Howard called it off.  I have a feeling Clyde wouldn't have minded a Las Vegas honeymoon.

Wait a minute. Maybe it was Millie herself who did that to Howie after the wedding was called off. Hell hath no fury, etc. When Howard was in the bakery, there were two varieties of cream puffs available. 

Prolly cause he was a Mama's boy.

Saw George Lindsey on a 1964 episode of  Gunsmoke last night. Back to playing the mean, not too bright outlaw type again.

I was watching Christmas in Connecticut, and Mayor Pike played a fairly prominent role as a usually jovial judge.  I also spotted Mr. Schwamp, as pointed out in another thread.  He was playing his usual role of a dance extra, but at least he wasn’t in a stag line with a bunch of slouched-over teenaged boys. He also looked pretty much like he did 18 or so years later in TAGS.  But wait, there’s more.....the sheriff in the movie looked a little familiar.  It turns out he was the original Floyd (Walter Baldwin).  Unlike Mr. S, he clearly did look younger.

Mayor Pike, even with his portly physique, gets around! 

Just watched a younger "Miss Lesch" in an Alfred Hitchcock episode "Toby".  She threatened to deck a guy twice her size. She is a feisty one! 

I saw that one. It was about a clock that stopped.

I just saw Will Wright (the “real” Ben Weaver) in the 1949 Best Picture movie “All the King’s Men”.  

Just saw Mayor Stoner in "Treasury Men in Action", a 50's era show that I found at reruncentury.com  He plays a cranky father. He is always kind of cranky!

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Dud replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Try here: Youtube Video"
yesterday
Cornelia Shields is now a member of iMayberry Community
Monday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Here are two pictures of Sheldon Leonard. One of them shows him as the bartender in that movie."
Monday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Yes, Burt was the cop, played by Ward Bond (Wagon Train), but you have Leonard nailed, cha-ching…"
Monday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Wow I didn’t know that about them being n A Wonderful Life. I have the DVD, gonna have to…"
Monday
"He was in the 1946 classic "It's A Wonderful Life." Had a bit part, he was the man…"
Monday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Just watching TCM and I thought I saw Mayor Pike , or the actor -  Dick Elliott, in a movie so…"
Monday
Shorty Cox replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"This is a difficult.  Both brought so much to Mayberry.  S-T-O-N-E-R, was good at…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Yes,  Andy tells Opie his Ma died, we don't know if it was illness or just being stepped…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"I've watched Andy since day one, and never saw the Danny Thomas Show episode where Andy tells…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Actually, Thelscuz, Opie told Ellie "Ain't got no maw" in "Ellie Comes to…"
Sunday
rb replied to Deborah R's discussion Andy's Awkwardness with a Cigarette
"i always thought the same too.  i'm sure he was smoker (don too), but sure didn't…"
Sunday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service