iMayberry Community

I've been a Andy Griffith Show fan darn near my whole life.  One thing that has always stuck out to me as a difference between classic television shows and today's shows is the increase in continuity of today's shows...

What I mean is, it seems to me that most Ange episodes stand alone.  Seldom did they reference an occurrence from another episode.  They did it, just seldom. 

Please list times that an event from one episode was referenced in another.

I'll start:

Andy once got onto barney about the gypsy items he'd bought and used in Three Wishes for Opie.  I believe he mentioned this in The Lucky Letter...

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They really milked that "Sheriff without a gun" thing. One Season 5 episode, but then 4 "Hollywood" episodes in Season 6!

[Don't remind me Mayor Pike, I don't like the gang to go  very far from  Mayberry, it messes with my suspension of disbelief.]

They kept the Ernest T story going quite well from one to the next.

After his failure to woo Charlene Darling and charm her with his ways, he comes to town to join the Army, thinking the girls will be all, "Ernest T walk with me, Ernest T dance with me, Ernest T kiss my mouth."

Next one, Andy asks Ernest T what happened when he went home wearing Barney's uniform. Ernest T says, "Didn't take, " and we hear the sad story of his failed relationship with Hogette, lost to the taxidermist what sewed up her haid.

After 'My Fair Ernest T Bass," they ask him what happened with Ramona and that's when we learn that he needs an education.

The one with Malcom was sort of a one off, though.

But he called her 'Romeena'

Andy said to the Army recruiter sergeant (Allen Melvin) talking about Earnest T:         "A while back he was going after a girl up there in the mountains. She married somebody else and he got mad at him took rocks and busted every window in the house."

There were the two Jim Lindsay episodes in season one.
Fun Girls covered 3 different episodes. None were too fun for Andy and the first was a bit painful!

All of the episodes with the fun girls are painful for me to watch. What little, hussie trouble makers those two were.

I'm pretty sure that in The Sermon for Today episode, Gomer mentioned his cousin Goober before Goober made the scene in a later 'Fun Girls' episode. He also talked about having Goober repair the fancy Lincoln that belonged to 'Man in a Hurry' before George Lindsey was ever cast.  Those are the two instances I can think of that Goober was mentioned before he actually appeared.  There may be others.

I saw Jail Break today and Barn was leaning on the shelf in front of his framed newspaper article on the wall that said "Deputy Fife Cracks Walker Robbery"    He asked Horton if the picture frame looked straight;  from his angle.  I'm not sure what ep that refers to.  Was that when Ellie and Andy faked a robbery there?  

Andy the Matchmaker - where he and Ellie fake a cheap $20 robbery at the drugstore so Barney would have a crime to solve

Barney arrested Emma for jay-walking in "The New Housekeeper".   Emma mentions that again in "Barney's Replacement" when he tries to sell her a vacum cleaner. 

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Franklin Dickerson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"...ever notice that the girl who organized the class reunion looked like Thelma Lou, and also that…"
32 minutes ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Susan Plesha's discussion Curious...Curious...
"No I don't think she did have tupperware, if she did then Andy wouldn't have always had a…"
38 minutes ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Thelscuz's discussion Best Times
"Another best moment, I think, is when Barney speaks up for Andy when he's on trial after being…"
42 minutes ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I understand that Mavis can be quite forward."
1 hour ago
MarkoFifo replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Roscoe P. Coletrane aka Jimmy Lindsey ?!?"
2 hours ago
Dud replied to Thelscuz's discussion Best Times
"I never saw Opie so happy as when he found that $50 beside the road.  And that Parnell Rigby…"
4 hours ago
Dud replied to Susan Plesha's discussion Curious...Curious...
"Did they have Tupperwear back then?"
5 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Have you ever noticed that the county of Mayberry went from "dry" to "wet" at…"
5 hours ago
Michael replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Here's a good one, who said: "Texarkana, Abilene, Mobile""
5 hours ago
Michael replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Gomer said that..."
5 hours ago
Susan Plesha updated their profile
10 hours ago
Susan Plesha replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"egg in the chair?"
11 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service