iMayberry Community

I've been a Andy Griffith Show fan darn near my whole life.  One thing that has always stuck out to me as a difference between classic television shows and today's shows is the increase in continuity of today's shows...

What I mean is, it seems to me that most Ange episodes stand alone.  Seldom did they reference an occurrence from another episode.  They did it, just seldom. 

Please list times that an event from one episode was referenced in another.

I'll start:

Andy once got onto barney about the gypsy items he'd bought and used in Three Wishes for Opie.  I believe he mentioned this in The Lucky Letter...

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure back in the day, the writters for TAGS did not think, or dream, that 57 years later we would be here discussing the shows.  I suspect if they had, there would have been more thought given to continuity. 

I started watching TAGS when there was no "Re-Run Watcher's Club"  it was the "First-Run Watcher's Club". 

And even the reruns were hard to watch much of until the last 8 years or so when the show went on DVD and now on Netflix. Before that I would have friends tape shows off of cable. Andy Griffith Marathons were good for that, but oh the massive amounts of commercials!

My latest thing is watching selected episodes on reruncentury.com No commercials or cost. Just not a lot of episodes.

not to mention all the scenes that were/are cut out for those commercials

Not sure this falls into this thread, but the episode “Opie’s Rival” just does not make sense. 

Andy is to meet Peggy at her house, however, her plans change and she leaves a note for Andy to meet her in front of the drug store.  Opie trashes the note, thus neither Peggy or Andy knows the latest plan. 

With that said, Peggy is waiting “for hours” in front of the drug store, yet, she calls Andy’s house from somewhere.  If she returned home to call Andy’s house, she would have seen Andy waiting.  She shows up later at Andy’s house driving a car.  If Peggy had a car, when Andy did not show up as expected, why did she not just go home.  Mix-up solved. 

Andy, is waiting for Peggy in front of her house, yet, he calls home from somewhere.  Now, the drug store is across the street from the courthouse.  If Andy returned to the courthouse, to call home, he would have seen Peggy in front of the drug house.  Mix-up solved.   

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Drinkin!"
Sep 11
Eric is now a member of iMayberry Community
Sep 11
Mrs. Mendlebright liked ColHarV's photo
Sep 10
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Howard learned that giving up the rat race and stress of the county title department, to go…"
Sep 10
Mayor Pike replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Barney learned not to tell Gomer anything about his relationship with Thelma Lou! The "hip…"
Sep 8
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Aunt Bee learned a hard lesson about bargain shopping when she forgot to consider things like…"
Sep 8
Thelscuz posted a discussion

Lessons Learned

All of the lessons learned in Mayberry were certainly not learned at Mayberry Union High.  Let's…See More
Sep 8
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"It could be her voice is just more bell-like than we're accustomed to."
Sep 7
UT Pendike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I have always wondered if Aunt Bea had to use a throat spray after talking in that 2nd octave voice!"
Sep 7
Bernie Fife replied to Luther Heggs's discussion Malcolm Merriweather's Bubble and Squeak
"Since it's sometimes served with pickles, I wonder if Malcolm ever asked Bee if she had any."
Sep 5
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Happy Birthday Thelma Lou !
"I would cherish it, too, Luther.  Thelma Lou was always my favorite Mayberry gal. Love her."
Sep 4
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Luther Heggs's discussion Malcolm Merriweather's Bubble and Squeak
"I am so hungry now.  I love great gobs of comfort food like this.  I also wouldn't…"
Sep 4

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service