iMayberry Community

Last night I watched the episode where Warren walks in his sleep.  Oh, how I hate that episode!  Now before ya'll get all upset and start chastizing me for being critical tell me the truth--does anybody like this episode?

First of all, I can't stand Warren.  Why they ever got him to play the part of Andy's deputy I'll never know.  Nothing about him was believable, IMO.

Plus, Andy and Helen seemed off-kilter in this episode as well.  Andy's initial reaction to Helen when she told him what happened was way too blase'.  You'd think a good ole Southern boy like
Andy would have been reaching for the gunrack if somebody chased his woman, not standing around talking about it.

Then, Warren's not telling Andy what really happened didn't make sense.  If you've been chasing your boss's fiance and you know it was a sleep-walking incident you'd tell, wouldn't you?  Just not believable at all.

If you compare this episode to the early years' episodes it makes you want to sit down and cry.

Somebody should have nipped the Warren idea in the bud.  In my humble opinion.

Views: 1195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Folks been hating on me over 45 years... never thought that messing up the wires on Andy's lamp would put me in the doghouse like it has...  can't think of anything else I done that draws the ire of so many folks."

- Roger Hanover

Bad jokes, grifter, creepy etc.

I've got a buddy who loves The Dick Van Dyke Show and dislikes TAGS (I can't believe it either) and we've been disputin' over that for years. Different opinions make good discussions, and as long as we're respectful of each other there shouldn't be any problem.. I'm here for fun, not to rile anybody!

I think they should have promoted Otis to deputy. He already had a history of being deputized and there could have been the comic tension of him trying to stay sober. He also had the rare skill of sniffing out stills– ideal for a few story lines. It would have been perfect all the way around. Instead, they lost Barney AND Otis.

I LOVE TAGS!  But, being realistic, every episode was not perfect.  IN MY OPINION (and I mentioned when I started this topic that it was "in my opinion") the Warren episodes are far from perfect.  There's no desire to cause problems if we have a discussion.  It's hard to "discuss" when everybody just brags on the perfection of every single episode.

Some are as near perfect as can be.  Others are far from it.  "In my opinion" the Warren episodes are in the bottom group.

And I'm trying to think (bucket, please) what life lesson this episode teaches.

Well then, in the spirit of discussion, I guess its okay for me to disagree, right? :) I just think for a community called iMayberry, there's some inconsistency in a lengthy conversation which dwells on unfortunate things. I realize we're not all clones of Andy, but I can't help imagining him trying to steer someone away from this kind of subject. I sure am grateful to have you folks to enjoy the love of TAGS with, in any case, and I've said all I'm going to on the other matter. I will continue to follow the thread and even try to contribute the best I can.

I think "The Legend of Barney Fife" was the best of the Warren era episodes.  That one if my favorite Post Barney episodes.

As far as Warren, he was not a favorite of mine at all.  But Goober?  What in the world is there not to like about"Goober"  He was able in my opinion to fit in with the Mayberry Community in a believable role, oh yeah I loved Gomer too, but his joining the Marine Corps was a brilliant way of him leaving the show and his cousin "Goober" filling the slot.  Even though Gomer was in the Marines, it was still like he was always there in a way.  Goober, like Barney, seemed to be a real person in the show and he was honest and down to earth in his character, I think we like the human quality of his character, his innocense and desire to be a good citizen of Mayberry.

Hummmm  I've never thought of that, but I have to agree.  Otis as a deputy would have been good.  

This is just like an episode of TAGS where everyone gets in a big kerfuffle but then we all realize how much we mean to each other.

Let's all turn ourselves in at the jail.

All this talk of Jack Burns has made for a heated discussion, you know what  I mean, huh?

Yeah.

Huh?

Yeah.

Huh,

Burns, heat, I get it.

I love Goober too.  He has that same innocent quality that Gomer had, doesn't he?  Wish we could have met some of their other kinfolks.  They must have come from a wonderful family.  We never heard much about them, did we?

Goober's brother Braden was a top engineer for NASA's Apollo program.

(MAYBERRY RFD  "Goober's Brother", played by Woodrow Parfey)

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor, the only thing that comes to mind is the season six episode, 'The Return of Barney…"
16 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor, the only thing that comes to mind is the season six episode, 'The Return of Barney…"
16 hours ago
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"Hey Darrell! Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Much appreciated. I think once my book is…"
Friday
Darrell Francis replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"I think one thing would be to post the map of Mayberry and the Mayberry county map. One thing would…"
Friday
Shorty Cox replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Bullet four: Barney shot the squad car tire after chasing the farmers out of Mayberry that were…"
Wednesday
Mayor Pike replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Three bullets: Barney shot a hole in his pants at the end of "If I had a Quarter Million"."
Wednesday
Michael replied to Thelscuz's discussion The Worst Ever--Or Anyway In the Bottom Five
"I agree with this.  I loved Warren.  He's no Don Knotts, of course, but his episodes…"
Monday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Here's a new one. Shown below is Johnny Cash in his new car that "didn't cost him a…"
Dec 6
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Wedding Bells For Aunt Bee"
Dec 6
Randy Higgins updated their profile
Dec 6
Randy Higgins joined Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group
Thumbnail

Mayberry Squad Car Owners

Owners of replicas of Mayberry Squad Cars now have a place to gather and share their cars with each…See More
Dec 6
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Fire Department
Dec 6

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service