iMayberry Community

Last night I watched the episode where Warren walks in his sleep.  Oh, how I hate that episode!  Now before ya'll get all upset and start chastizing me for being critical tell me the truth--does anybody like this episode?

First of all, I can't stand Warren.  Why they ever got him to play the part of Andy's deputy I'll never know.  Nothing about him was believable, IMO.

Plus, Andy and Helen seemed off-kilter in this episode as well.  Andy's initial reaction to Helen when she told him what happened was way too blase'.  You'd think a good ole Southern boy like
Andy would have been reaching for the gunrack if somebody chased his woman, not standing around talking about it.

Then, Warren's not telling Andy what really happened didn't make sense.  If you've been chasing your boss's fiance and you know it was a sleep-walking incident you'd tell, wouldn't you?  Just not believable at all.

If you compare this episode to the early years' episodes it makes you want to sit down and cry.

Somebody should have nipped the Warren idea in the bud.  In my humble opinion.

Views: 1195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I recollect Gomer once mentioning Goober's mother... something about Goob' washing his car 'cause he was gonna take his mom somewhere and didn't want his ma riding in a dirty car.

I always think of Gomer's comment here in my supposedly upscale, urban chic suburb on Mother's Day morning when I see the huge lines of cars at every car wash!

Folks gotta make sure to get the little cardboard "tree" to hang from the rearview mirror. Moms like the smell of pine in a freshly washed car.

Is there anything about TAGS you DO like??  RIDICULOUS THREAD.......IMO!!!

I actually liked Warren in the episode where he arrested the Lady's Auxiliary or whatever they were. Reminded me of when Barney arrested the entire town including our "Little, Fat" mayor. It was obviously written for a Don Knotts type of actor, too. The sleepwalking episode was cringe worthy & the ESP episode, pure Barney! I wish the mayor had been kept on, tho. I preferred Mayor Pike but Mayor Stoner was great also.

I think M*A*S*H got it right when they replaced departing characters (Trapper John, Lt Col Blake) with their total Opposites (BJ, Col Potter). TAGS should have tried that, too.

I've said this many times but I've been letting this thread kind'a run its course since I wasn't able to catch it early enough to prevent too many replies.  I don't like negative comments about The Andy Griffith Show for a couple of reasons.

1. There's enough negative talk in this world and I don't think it is necessary for fans to pick apart a show they love.  Left folks that don't like TAGS to begin with pick it apart (as they do).  What purpose does it serve to do it ourselves?
  2. When you tell that there's a character or episode that you don't like and you tell everybody, you take away the fun from others.  Why do I say that?  Because your least liked episode/character may very well be somebody's favorite. 

Negative comments about someone's favorite episode/character takes away some of the joy that your fellow fan may feel about that episode or character. So why do it?

There are always ways to approach talking about something that you think is strange or, that for you, wasn't as good as other things on the show without being negative.  For instance, you can say "Warren wasn't my favorite character because I felt like the writers were still writing the character as if he were Barney rather than Warren."   Or you can say, "Warren drives me nuts because he acts so ....."  you fill in the rest of the statement yourself.

The Andy Griffith Show is loved, partly, because of the positive feelings we get from watching it. The characters cared about one another and we care about them.   Keep that in mind when posting and realize that your least favorite might be somebody's favorite.

Ditto, Floyd!

Calvin Coolidge isn't the only one who said something, Floyd. You said something and it was real good...maybe not a nectarine crush... but real good.

Thanks Allan!

I agree with this.  I loved Warren.  He's no Don Knotts, of course, but his episodes are good none the less.  I don't agree with anything the original poster said.   Sometimes I feel like this board is only a season 1-5 Don Knotts fan site. 

By rights I ought to give you all a citation for a 231 being disgraceful to Mayberry and a 421Unlawful Assembly  and a 439 vegrancing and loitering and there could have been a riot!

Yeah, what HE said!

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor, the only thing that comes to mind is the season six episode, 'The Return of Barney…"
16 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Mayor, the only thing that comes to mind is the season six episode, 'The Return of Barney…"
16 hours ago
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"Hey Darrell! Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Much appreciated. I think once my book is…"
Friday
Darrell Francis replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Volunteer Fire Company is now OPEN!!!!!
"I think one thing would be to post the map of Mayberry and the Mayberry county map. One thing would…"
Friday
Shorty Cox replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Bullet four: Barney shot the squad car tire after chasing the farmers out of Mayberry that were…"
Wednesday
Mayor Pike replied to Jillian's discussion How many bullets did Barney have?
"Three bullets: Barney shot a hole in his pants at the end of "If I had a Quarter Million"."
Wednesday
Michael replied to Thelscuz's discussion The Worst Ever--Or Anyway In the Bottom Five
"I agree with this.  I loved Warren.  He's no Don Knotts, of course, but his episodes…"
Monday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Here's a new one. Shown below is Johnny Cash in his new car that "didn't cost him a…"
Dec 6
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Wedding Bells For Aunt Bee"
Dec 6
Randy Higgins updated their profile
Dec 6
Randy Higgins joined Allan "Floyd" Newsome's group
Thumbnail

Mayberry Squad Car Owners

Owners of replicas of Mayberry Squad Cars now have a place to gather and share their cars with each…See More
Dec 6
Randy Higgins replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Fire Department
Dec 6

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service