iMayberry Community

I believe there was an old discussion of this nature, but it is probably buried a bit, so I will start a new one. What are some things you wonder about?

I wonder what the "T" in Ernest T. Bass stands for?

Views: 598

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a pastor, I have always wondered how a guy comes to a town of 1,800, with the easy lifestyle like Mayberry, and decides to preach on the topic - "What's Your Hurry?"  I do find it amusing.

Yes, that was funny. As they were nodding off, relaxed as could be, the visiting pastor had to shout his sermon out to wake them up! 

I always wondered how Gomer, who was a simple country boy if there ever was one, learned all those fancy, schmancy songs.  "Santa Lucia" ain't for dumbbells, you know.  And a guy who can belt it out while changing a tire definitely has gold-star breathing!

That's a very good question, Thelscuz! 

I wonder if maybe Gomer first heard Leonard Blush singing it on the radio as he sat in his back room at Wally's filling Station.  I'm just a simple country girl myself, yet it was from Leonard Blush that I first heard the amazing tones  of "Who is Sylvia?"  even if I did think he was singing, "Oh, Aunt Sylvia," the first time I heard it.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't know, "No Count Mule," if it wasn't for Gomer.  I can't make a bed without it now.

Yes, he was preaching "What's Your Hurry" yet, he was in such a hurry he would not have Sunday dinner with the Taylors or even coffee later.  

I wonder why they kept the Water Cooler so far away from their desks, and over with the cells?

So Otis would have a handy place to pour his booze on looong  weekend stays! 

Why did Virgil goof up on polishing the jail key? He was, after all, working alone.

I too have wondered that same thing.  

Why did Virgil run the squad car through the garage??? He was driving all alone.  

I guess at that point his only good "alone" work was making those little toy figures. Andy had to bring him to the next level with his little pep talk.  

I've wondered why the school principal called Aunt Bee when Opie handcuffed Ralph Baker to the flag pole.  The logical place to call would have been the Sheriff's Office.  

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Well if it helps any Keevy, remember how it played out when Floyd punched that other man in…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Yep, that’s correct, Larry.  (And, I thought that might be a tough one.)"
yesterday
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"I think that was Andy talking to Opie in the episode “Opie’s Charity.”  This…"
yesterday
"“Well, if it ain’t Charley Moneybags, the big philanthropist” Said, by?  To?"
yesterday
"“Well, if it ain’t Charley Moneybags, the big philanthropist” Said, by?  To?"
yesterday
Gary Craig replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Normally in TV shows and movies, there is a person who's job is called "Continuity."…"
Feb 17
Rare Nickle replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That scene shot thru a mirror."
Feb 17
Joe Hoover replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"there is no pillar just left of the log in the bottom scene"
Feb 17
Count Istvan Teleky left a comment for ColHarV
"Many thanks Colonel!"
Feb 17
Count Istvan Teleky liked ColHarV's profile
Feb 17
Count Istvan Teleky liked ColHarV's profile
Feb 17
Mayor Pike replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Just saw Mayor Stoner in "Treasury Men in Action", a 50's era show that I found at…"
Feb 14

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service