iMayberry Community

I believe there was an old discussion of this nature, but it is probably buried a bit, so I will start a new one. What are some things you wonder about?

I wonder what the "T" in Ernest T. Bass stands for?

Views: 1006

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why Barney doesn't mention his Mother more often? We saw her only once. How did Andy's wife die? Did they buy the house together or did she have life insurance that helped him buy it?  Why did Aunt Bee never marry? Who were all those youngun's Aunt Bea looked after that were grown in the New Housekeeper and where are they now and why don't they visit? Why didn't Barney and Thelma Lou marry? (Personally I ignore the fact that the storyline shows they didn't marry. When I can't sleep at night I imagine how it went when they did marry much younger than in Return to Mayberry and had children together. They had 3 girls in case you're wondering, and Barney and his Mother inherited money from an aunt not shown in the series that helped Barney and Thelma Lou buy a house, beause Thelma Lou rented. Barney's mother moved to Florida and they visited her a lot with Andy and Helen. And Andy and Helen never moved away. One of Barney's girls married A.J. (Andy Jr.))

Aunt Bee happens to be very picky. Eight suitors and who knows how many before Season 1! See http://imayberrycommunity.com/profiles/blogs/the-eight-boy-friends-...

What really happened to all that Miracle Salve?

Maybe Andy sold the lot to Colonel Harvey, who wanted to expand his product line.

Yea, I bet he told unsuspecting buyers that it cured the versitis or something.

Or maybe Andy sold it all to Mr. Finch, the shoe salesman from New York.

I always wondered how, in "The Big House", after spotting the two cops in the dead-end alley from the rooftop, Barney managed to get in behind them - two feet behind them, mind you!?!? In the back of the dead-end alley! Even if he came through a door...how did they not know he was there?!?!

Also - I wonder how the stage assistant can be heard giving Barney his queue to jump up from behind the crates...and not have that cut/redone during editing? He shouts "Don!", clearly audible, as the cops are standing up to move closer to the street.

That always puzzled me....

Maybe  the "T" in Ernest T. Bass stands for "Thrower of Rocks":)

OK - here's a good (or is it bad?) one! Season 4, Ep 14: "Andy and Opie's Pal".

After he catches the boys rough-housing, Andy says "You all got to get some sleep. I know - one of you come in my room".

Opie says "OK, Pa" and starts to walk away, but Andy stops him and says "No, no - wait a minute. You go, Trey. You stay in your own bed".

I gotta admit - even when I saw that for the first time as a kid in the 70's, it kinda creeped me out!

Why in the world would Andy do that -- and could you imagine anyone doing that today?!?!?!?!

Anyone else ever wonder about that?

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"FINALLY!!! It was Goober in Season 6: "Look Paw, I'm Dancing!" I didn't think…"
2 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That O'Malley was a sneaky one. He managed to sneak in a year-and-a-half later in Season 4 as…"
23 hours ago
Rare Nickle replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Have you ever noticed? In the “ convicts at large “ episode, Andy greets Mr…"
23 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That is definitely trained noticing!"
yesterday
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Just noticed in the "Barney's Sidecar" episode in season 4 that the two American…"
yesterday
Ralph Henderson replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"All these years both as a TAGS nut and Byrds fan and I never realized that was Clarence…"
Saturday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"In "Mayberry on Record" we see Clarence White playing the guitar in Floyd's Barber…"
Saturday
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion Say a Word
""Falderal" That's one you don't hear every day!"
Friday
Ralph Henderson replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"That was "Old Aunt Mariah". What a classic! Charlene rebuffed his offer to sing…"
Friday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"Ernest T tuned and played an oil can while singing "Eatin Goober Peas"  "
Friday
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion What If?
"A.  Barney and Thelma Lou got  married, and they lived happily-ever-after (assuming Thel…"
Friday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Music In Mayberry
"I like how Barney does Santa Maria solo. He gets that mouth open like nobody else could. "
Friday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service