iMayberry Community

I believe there was an old discussion of this nature, but it is probably buried a bit, so I will start a new one. What are some things you wonder about?

I wonder what the "T" in Ernest T. Bass stands for?

Views: 1701

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With an old Sears catalog?

I’ve often wondered about phone numbers on The Andy Griffith Show like: 371J, or MP-3791 etc.  I am in my late fifties but as far as I can remember there was a three digit area code followed by a seven digit number. I must have just barely missed it.

I barely remember telephone exchanges. They were used to represent the first two letters of a 7 digit telephone number. The first two letters of the exchange name are the first two digits of the phone number, when they are spelled out on a telephone dial or keypad. So for example, the exchange name "SYcamore" means that the first two numbers of the telephone number are "79", and SYcamore-4-3317 would be 794-3317. Our old phone number was JUstice-3474.

I went to grade school with a girl, who for years, would vehemently correct anyone who give her phone number as 532-xxxx.  "My number is JE2-xxxx," she would insist! (Jefferson was the excchange.)

Could a person really be blinded by having a checker board fulla checkers thrown at them?  Someone should have submitted it to Mythbusters. They could use a manikin/crash dummy and throw a checker board fulla checkers at its face with slow motion photography close-up to the face to determine if any checkers actually make contact with the manican’s eyes. This data could then be sent down to the lab for analysis and Barney would havem dead to rights.  

In Barney's Side Car, Andy is telling Barney to get rid of the motorcycle.                                                                       Andy: "Do yourself a favor and just get rid of it now."                                                                                             Barney: " Oh but you promised, you promised!"                                                                                                                                

What did Andy promise to him?   Maybe I'm missing something but I don't catch when Andy promises anything before that exchange about getting rid of the motorcycle. I never have caught that one. 

Let’s see.....I wonder why everyone seems to be out of town. Was there a group trip tp Raleigh or something?

We all went to where the Fun Girls were.

Lol.  I always miss the good stuff!

I wonder why I never noticed until recently what was lurking in the background in this scene. I so wish Gomer would have turned around and seen it; I get so tickled just imagining his reaction.

Bug cuss aint he?   Maybe he was on the way to town looking for Floyd. Had an appointment maybe.  Ya know those boys from the hills; never know how long  it’s gonna take. “Gotta keep cutting til I see scalp”

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Opie Steps Up in Class?"
Sunday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Sgt. Carter: "You didn't know I did what to rugs before?""
Sunday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"So good to see a positive about Jack Burns, James. He gets very little respect in most TAGS…"
Sunday
Keevy Hazelton replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"My five-year-old granddaughter is on an out-of-town trip this weekend with her folks and the most…"
Sunday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"This should be tough; from a color ep."
Sunday
Allan "Floyd" Newsome liked Keevy Hazelton's photo
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service