iMayberry Community

I believe there was an old discussion of this nature, but it is probably buried a bit, so I will start a new one. What are some things you wonder about?

I wonder what the "T" in Ernest T. Bass stands for?

Views: 1432

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With an old Sears catalog?

I’ve often wondered about phone numbers on The Andy Griffith Show like: 371J, or MP-3791 etc.  I am in my late fifties but as far as I can remember there was a three digit area code followed by a seven digit number. I must have just barely missed it.

I barely remember telephone exchanges. They were used to represent the first two letters of a 7 digit telephone number. The first two letters of the exchange name are the first two digits of the phone number, when they are spelled out on a telephone dial or keypad. So for example, the exchange name "SYcamore" means that the first two numbers of the telephone number are "79", and SYcamore-4-3317 would be 794-3317. Our old phone number was JUstice-3474.

I went to grade school with a girl, who for years, would vehemently correct anyone who give her phone number as 532-xxxx.  "My number is JE2-xxxx," she would insist! (Jefferson was the excchange.)

Could a person really be blinded by having a checker board fulla checkers thrown at them?  Someone should have submitted it to Mythbusters. They could use a manikin/crash dummy and throw a checker board fulla checkers at its face with slow motion photography close-up to the face to determine if any checkers actually make contact with the manican’s eyes. This data could then be sent down to the lab for analysis and Barney would havem dead to rights.  

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

stephen j goldin is now a member of iMayberry Community
5 hours ago
Phil Sunkel replied to Phil Sunkel's discussion Multiple Personalities
"I must correct my own statement here - Mayor’s Pike daughter was Josephine in The Beauty…"
5 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Phil Sunkel's discussion Multiple Personalities
"Bull?"
11 hours ago
George's TV Repair replied to Phil Sunkel's discussion Multiple Personalities
"Bull!  If you watch one of the next few episodes, you will see that they did get one of…"
18 hours ago
"I was always so surprised Barney didn’t recognize this crook the second time around! "
yesterday
"Also, very good catch on Gil, Keev. That is a pretty minor part I had forgotten that one. "
yesterday
"You’re right! He was the one who “never gets to move.”  “I move we use…"
yesterday
"Bingo!!! And this is a tough one, because Daphne (“Hello doll!”) looks NOTHING like…"
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service