iMayberry Community

I believe there was an old discussion of this nature, but it is probably buried a bit, so I will start a new one. What are some things you wonder about?

I wonder what the "T" in Ernest T. Bass stands for?

Views: 725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wonder, too.  All we know is Laura Lee worked at the Five& Dime and could be trusted to spread the word about Mayberry happenings.  I have a strong feeling she's friends with Juanita.

I wonder what all those single girls who came to the "softball" meeting at Andy's house do for a living?

It was a decoy....sha-zam. 

I always wondered what happened to Ed Sawyer, “Ths Stranger in Town?”  He was all set to date Lucy Matthews and buy Georgetown Sappley’s Gas Station...Hmmm?

Also, what happened to the gas station Mayor Stoner's brother ran that was to benefit after the underpass was completed.  

I wonder what happened to Andylina... She would have been 2 years old in the Darlings final appearance on the show in Season 6... Hmmm?

I wonder if Andy and Barney ever went to the Gigolo Club over in Yancy.

I wonder who was the "sign maker" in Mayberry?  all of the signs were so professionally done: "Mayberry Welcomes Gold Truck",  "Down with the Gold Standards"  "The Sheriff's Office is Unfair" to name a few.

I think it was Otis. He was known for his mosaic tile art in "Otis the Artist".

I think maybe Barney might have been involved.  He quickly knocked out a professional looking sign for the hoped-for band concert in Sermon For Today.  (It was about the only thing that was done well for the concert and Andy didn’t even want to use it.)

I wonder in what ways "Al" (Barney) had changed.  Seems like he might have been a better dancer than Al.  After all, he could take Big Maud, "...to the land of rhythm and pleasure."

AND I wonder why Floyd was calmly eating that banana when the cabin was a veritable beehive of activity..."Al" and Maud dancing, one of the girls frying hamburgers, and the other one had disappeared!  Yet nothing seemed to deter Floyd from his focus on that banana. 

I wonder why Andy would leave Emma Brand alone with an armed escaped convict in The Manhunt.

I wonder why Andy would agree to be the ONLY judge in the Mayberry beauty contest, especially with his steady girl in the contest.............does not compute.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Why Do You Love TAGS?
"Kerosene cucumbers, apple pie, big chicken dinners, and spaghetti made with the secret…"
16 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Why Do You Love TAGS?
"The many humorous mentions of food, from bubble and squeak, to sawdust meatballs, to having your…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Why Do You Love TAGS?
"I like the fact that there was almost always a moral lesson woven in with the laughs"
Tuesday
Allan "Floyd" Newsome replied to Mrs. Mendlebright's discussion Pop Quiz: "The Education of Ernest T"
"I used these questions on episode 475 of the Two Chairs No Waiting Podcast!  Thanks for the…"
Tuesday
Rick a Cole posted photos
Monday
Mike keller posted photos
Monday
Mayor Pike posted a discussion

Why Do You Love TAGS?

So give the top two or three (or more) reasons for loving this show.Here are mine:Great writing.…See More
Monday
Floyd's Second Chair replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"The way he delivers that line is pure gold. "
Sunday
Floyd's Second Chair replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"I love that line. That's Andy to the boorish Roger Hanover, not long after Roger…"
Sunday
Floyd's Second Chair replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Ha. Hilarious. But those selections were over their heads. "
Sunday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Who said "I'm a giant when it comes to potting petunias!" ?"
Saturday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Yes! Goober and the art of love. Another Gooberism is "Say it again"."
Saturday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service