iMayberry Community

I believe there was an old discussion of this nature, but it is probably buried a bit, so I will start a new one. What are some things you wonder about?

I wonder what the "T" in Ernest T. Bass stands for?

Views: 835

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wonder in what ways "Al" (Barney) had changed.  Seems like he might have been a better dancer than Al.  After all, he could take Big Maud, "...to the land of rhythm and pleasure."

AND I wonder why Floyd was calmly eating that banana when the cabin was a veritable beehive of activity..."Al" and Maud dancing, one of the girls frying hamburgers, and the other one had disappeared!  Yet nothing seemed to deter Floyd from his focus on that banana. 

I wonder why Andy would leave Emma Brand alone with an armed escaped convict in The Manhunt.

I wonder why Andy would agree to be the ONLY judge in the Mayberry beauty contest, especially with his steady girl in the contest.............does not compute.

As a pastor, I have always wondered how a guy comes to a town of 1,800, with the easy lifestyle like Mayberry, and decides to preach on the topic - "What's Your Hurry?"  I do find it amusing.

Yes, that was funny. As they were nodding off, relaxed as could be, the visiting pastor had to shout his sermon out to wake them up! 

I always wondered how Gomer, who was a simple country boy if there ever was one, learned all those fancy, schmancy songs.  "Santa Lucia" ain't for dumbbells, you know.  And a guy who can belt it out while changing a tire definitely has gold-star breathing!

That's a very good question, Thelscuz! 

I wonder if maybe Gomer first heard Leonard Blush singing it on the radio as he sat in his back room at Wally's filling Station.  I'm just a simple country girl myself, yet it was from Leonard Blush that I first heard the amazing tones  of "Who is Sylvia?"  even if I did think he was singing, "Oh, Aunt Sylvia," the first time I heard it.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't know, "No Count Mule," if it wasn't for Gomer.  I can't make a bed without it now.

Or Elenor Poltice gave him lessons along with exposing him to high culture.

Yes, he was preaching "What's Your Hurry" yet, he was in such a hurry he would not have Sunday dinner with the Taylors or even coffee later.  

I caught that too. He said he wished he could stay and visit but he had to rush back to Raleigh(?). He's a hypocrite or as Barn might say... "one of those 'hypokreets'"

I wonder why they kept the Water Cooler so far away from their desks, and over with the cells?

So Otis would have a handy place to pour his booze on looong  weekend stays! 

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"Brine tester"
8 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"El Truckos"
Saturday
Dr. Pendyke replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"Checkpoint Chickie"
Friday
Wendy Holland replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"Shiny hat"
Friday
Wendy Holland replied to ColHarV's discussion Say a Word
"Wretch"
Friday
Shorty Cox replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"Miss Harriett will take care of that"
Friday
David Browne replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"Dog tags  "
Thursday
David Browne replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"Count Teleky"
Thursday
David Browne replied to ColHarV's discussion Say a Word
"Marines. "
Thursday
"Loon"
Thursday
"Camping"
Thursday