iMayberry Community

Some folks in Mayberry seem like they don't do ANYTHING for a living.  They must have some source of income, though.  And there are some very interesting occupations in The Friendly Town.  Let's name the person and what they do for a living.  If we don't know for sure we could mention clues as to what the occupation might be:

I'll start with an easy one:

Thelma Lou "works at the office."

Views: 841

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also, a freelance lawyer. He already knew how to write a "lawyer letter". 

And let's not forget his psychological skills in ink blot test'n and hypnotiz'n. 

He could be a proffessional bud-nipper as maybe the discipinary guy at the school.
Or a scout master with his knowledge of pioneer survival. Or he could be a mister fixit helping Emmet out down at the shop.

He coulda been installing spy equipment.  He wired that intercom system in the jail one day.  I think it woulda worked too if he had bigger wires.

Perhaps he'll take up knitting afghans to sell or to raffle off at the county fair, or for Founders Day and the like. It would be very therapetic after his stressful days in law enforcement.

Mr. Foley was the butcher.  Andy blamed him (for a short time) for that tough beef Aunt Bee bought at a bargain.  Mr. Foley was a gentleman of the first order.  Although he knew why she needed to store her ill-gotten beef, he told her he'd be glad to keep it for her.

As usual, Aunt Bee listened to Clara.  Although the two of them were always competing, Aunt Bee took Clara's word for gospel.  She learned a "tough" lesson with that "tough" beef!

Diamond Jim, not so much the gentleman, despite his straw hat and sawdust on the floor. He sold discounted beef that had been worked too hard when alive.  "But oh the atmosphere!", Clara would say. 

Obviously Diamond Jim turned Aunt Bee down flat for any assistance in storing her beef as it was not even an option. He was like the giraffe, selfish.   

Mary Pleasant worked at the bank. Barney sent Otis down there to get an injury report noterized but it turned out she was on vacation; went down to great dismal swamp to hunt black bear.
There's Myra Koontz at the lan-gerie shop. She could make a man smile funny.
When it came to motors Walley really had a green thumb. He could take a motor apart and put it right back together before your very eyes, unless was gettin dark.

Millie worked at the bakery, where she caught the eye of Howard Sprague. Howie even took a punch in the gut for her from Allen Melvin. Their engagement went pffft. Mother Sprague was a semi-retired buttinsky.

Ellen Brown was a manacurist, she did fingernails and nature was good to her, I mean real real realll good. Matter of fact I never saw nature spend so much time on any one person.
Ringa ding ding!
So what did Old Man Schwamp do for a living❓❓❓

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Larry Grainger replied to Larry Grainger's discussion Mayberry Christmas 2017
"We are three weeks away. Get your tickets now!"
4 hours ago
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Last night, while watching the episode “The Loaded Goat,” I noticed something for the…"
4 hours ago
Donna Calloway is now a member of iMayberry Community
20 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Barney’s judo teacher, I believe."
Thursday
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That’s always one of my favorite exchanges. Andy = “I’m all ears.” Barney…"
Thursday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Proof!!!!"
Wednesday
"Yes Sir! That Frank sure is smart, as Goober would say. Despite Helen's denials, her and Frank…"
Tuesday
Dud replied to SWFLguy's discussion never saw that ending
"Money grubbing spinsters they are!"
Monday
Dud replied to SWFLguy's discussion never saw that ending
"If you subscribe to Netflix you get the whole show (all 28 mins.) with the missing segments that…"
Monday
Dave Cline replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Frank Smith from "Andy's Rival" ?"
Monday
"Another hint: Possibly the most educated man to visit Mayberry!"
Monday
"That's a good guess Larry, but that is not the person. I am sure a Roger had that on his mind…"
Nov 11

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service