iMayberry Community

Some folks in Mayberry seem like they don't do ANYTHING for a living.  They must have some source of income, though.  And there are some very interesting occupations in The Friendly Town.  Let's name the person and what they do for a living.  If we don't know for sure we could mention clues as to what the occupation might be:

I'll start with an easy one:

Thelma Lou "works at the office."

Views: 560

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Orville Monroe is an undertaker.  (He used to repair TV's until I bought out that part of the business - but I didn't buy his delivery hearse vehicle.)

Freeburger:  He was a Sewer inspector.  He arrested Barney's father once.  Andy said, "Maybe he was speeding in the sewer."  

Andy also said that if you looked close enough, that Freeburger's badge had a little Manhole Cover in the center of it.

Ed had a refrigeration business.

Gomer discovered that Ed's Refrigeration serviced Aunt Bee's freezer on March 3, 1951.

Although he doesn't live in Mayberry, he has strong ties to someone who does:  Aunt Bee's brother goes all around the world on a ship as a "Wiper."  He just wipes and wipes.  Something about a girl back in his home town.  But we don't talk about that, don't you know.

And then there was "the man". He was the only person in a 50 mile radius that did refrigeration repair. Was "the man" Ed perhaps?

As Andy often says "Call the man!"

Then there was Malcom Tucker. He was in charge of Tucker Enterprises, and he was in a hurry.  

Aunt Bee was a home maker.
Aunt Bee was a warden once too. "Bloody Mary". Otis was miserable.

Elmo ran the sporting goods/camera shop.

Aunt Bee also tried her hand as the co-owner of a Chinese restaurant. Things were going well until she took her fortune cookie fortune too seriously, so she sold out.

Medwin was a bookie, and a barber.

Aunt Bee got a job as a receptionist for a small printing firm that moved into town. Unfortunately their real business was making funny money so her job didn't last very long. William Christopher played the new doctor in town. He played golf and drove a convertible sports car. Look out!

That Peterson kid could not carve a turkey though. A patient on an operating table wouldn't have stood a chance! 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Cool. When I was teaching, I used to stop the lines and initiate "trouble checks" when my…"
14 hours ago
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion What Would You Miss Most?
"We know the court house is the center stage of the show, but I would certainly miss Aunt…"
17 hours ago
Thelscuz posted a discussion

What Would You Miss Most?

Most of us love everything about TAGS.  But let's focus on what each one of us would miss MOST if…See More
yesterday
LaysOnMyChest replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Thank you kindly.  I'm a school teacher, and I watch TAGS nearly every day during my…"
Thursday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
""It's kind of a clep, clep, clep sound"  Who said that?"
Thursday
Shawna Miller is now a member of iMayberry Community
Thursday
LaysOnMyChest replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I'm a little proud of myself for my first post; I read through all the posts, and I…"
Thursday
Michael replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Helen said that. Lol!!"
Wednesday
Darrell Francis posted a status
"Well I am watching the old Emergency TV series at the moment."
Wednesday
ColHarV liked ColHarV's blog post Getting My Dose of Mayberry
Wednesday
Profile IconTeresa Macopson, Rex West, LaysOnMyChest and 2 more joined iMayberry Community
Wednesday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Adam D.'s discussion Mayberry Here & There
"I saw Suzan Oliver; Prisoner of Love,  on Star Trek.  She was a green dancing girl."
Wednesday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service