iMayberry Community

Some folks in Mayberry seem like they don't do ANYTHING for a living.  They must have some source of income, though.  And there are some very interesting occupations in The Friendly Town.  Let's name the person and what they do for a living.  If we don't know for sure we could mention clues as to what the occupation might be:

I'll start with an easy one:

Thelma Lou "works at the office."

Views: 821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Medwin was a bookie, and a barber.

Aunt Bee got a job as a receptionist for a small printing firm that moved into town. Unfortunately their real business was making funny money so her job didn't last very long. William Christopher played the new doctor in town. He played golf and drove a convertible sports car. Look out!

That Peterson kid could not carve a turkey though. A patient on an operating table wouldn't have stood a chance! 

Yes, butterfingers. That was strike three. I guess the skills needed for carving a turkey and taking out tonsils are not the same, fortunately for Opie.

There's also Hobart M. Tucker, aka the Reverend Tucker. (I just noticed his first name.). Andy "holds" with him.

Well  they have been takin' from him for a good many years.

Aunt Bee's cousin Bradford Taylor was a bit time international financier with holdings all over the world. He even came to Mayberry in his own private railroad car. He and Bee almost went into the ice cream business, but it didn't quite work out.

Laura Lee Hobbs is a clerk down at the five and dime. You might be interested to know that there's a gold shipment coming through Mayberry, and Andy and Barney and Gomer and Laura Lee Hobbs are going to be there to meet it.

George Nader played an earlier new doc in town. Barney made an appointment to spy on him. Barney was in good health, but the doctor was amazed as his skinny arms. He had never been able to wrap the blood pressure cuff around an arm so many times before.

I don't think anyone mentioned Ellie, the pharmacy gal.
Emma Watson was manicurist.

Wasn't Otis a brine tester at the pickle factory at one time ?  Barney said he had a pickled liver.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike posted a discussion

Things We Wonder About

I believe there was an old discussion of this nature, but it is probably buried a bit, so I will…See More
12 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I would bet it was Ernest T Bass that threw that extra rock!"
12 hours ago
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Those were the days when TV was entertainment.  Today... not so much."
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I was watching an episode of Leave It To Beaver the other day, where Beaver and Larry were…"
yesterday
Scott Paul replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Although not a television show no less than six TAGS alumni appeared in Rosemary's Baby…"
Tuesday
Dud replied to Thelscuz's discussion Money, Honey
"Money is what motivated Luke the cow rustler to put shoes on Fletch's ornery old bull. Almost…"
Saturday
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion My Eyes Were Opened!
"Andy got his eyes opened (and one closed) the first time he met Skippy and Daphne at the restaurant…"
Saturday
Bernie Fife replied to Mayor Pike's discussion My Eyes Were Opened!
"In "The Manhunt", Captain Barker of the state police came to realize that there what…"
Friday
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion Money, Honey
"Money WAS involved when Andy bought the canning jars for Aunt Bee's birthday.  But some…"
Aug 8
Jerry Eads liked Mayor Pike's profile
Aug 8
Jerry Eads liked Mrs. Mendlebright's profile
Aug 8
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Just watching another Alfred Hitchcock, 'The Right Kind of House' and Malcolm Tucker aka…"
Aug 8

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service