iMayberry Community

Some folks in Mayberry seem like they don't do ANYTHING for a living.  They must have some source of income, though.  And there are some very interesting occupations in The Friendly Town.  Let's name the person and what they do for a living.  If we don't know for sure we could mention clues as to what the occupation might be:

I'll start with an easy one:

Thelma Lou "works at the office."

Views: 837

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Old Man Schwump must have been a "Census Taker."  He was always just sitting around watching people go by.

Did we mention Juanita?  You know, she works where all the truckers stop.  And she has a real soft spot for guys who can imitate roosters and play the harmonica.

Orville Monroe is an undertaker.  (He used to repair TV's until I bought out that part of the business - but I didn't buy his delivery hearse vehicle.)

Freeburger:  He was a Sewer inspector.  He arrested Barney's father once.  Andy said, "Maybe he was speeding in the sewer."  

Andy also said that if you looked close enough, that Freeburger's badge had a little Manhole Cover in the center of it.

Ed had a refrigeration business.

Gomer discovered that Ed's Refrigeration serviced Aunt Bee's freezer on March 3, 1951.

Although he doesn't live in Mayberry, he has strong ties to someone who does:  Aunt Bee's brother goes all around the world on a ship as a "Wiper."  He just wipes and wipes.  Something about a girl back in his home town.  But we don't talk about that, don't you know.

And then there was "the man". He was the only person in a 50 mile radius that did refrigeration repair. Was "the man" Ed perhaps?

As Andy often says "Call the man!"

Then there was Malcom Tucker. He was in charge of Tucker Enterprises, and he was in a hurry.  

He also owned Foster Furniture Polish...must have been a front for gamblin', maybe that's why he changed his name from Tucker...

Aunt Bee was a home maker.
Aunt Bee was a warden once too. "Bloody Mary". Otis was miserable.

Elmo ran the sporting goods/camera shop.

Aunt Bee also tried her hand as the co-owner of a Chinese restaurant. Things were going well until she took her fortune cookie fortune too seriously, so she sold out.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Al Becker left a comment for Chuck Hansen
"Welcome to Mayberry!"
yesterday
Al Becker posted a status
"I come into rooms real nice."
Sunday
Al Becker updated their profile
Sunday
Chuck Hansen is now a member of iMayberry Community
Saturday
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"AND his breathing--WOW!!  Eleanora could put a breathing lesson on a feller.  I agree…"
Sep 18
Mayor Pike replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"He did improve a bit however with the help of Miss Poultice. His "me theys" were…"
Sep 18
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"One lesson ole Barn never did learn was that he was a really BAD singer.  Never could…"
Sep 17
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Andy sometimes seemed a little thick-headed. In "The Return Of Malcolm Merriweather", it…"
Sep 17
Dud replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"'nothing quite as sweet' or 'nothing half as sweet' as Juanita... Juanita.…"
Sep 15
Kathy Hinkley updated their profile
Sep 14
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Drinkin!"
Sep 11
Eric is now a member of iMayberry Community
Sep 11

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by