iMayberry Community

Some folks in Mayberry seem like they don't do ANYTHING for a living.  They must have some source of income, though.  And there are some very interesting occupations in The Friendly Town.  Let's name the person and what they do for a living.  If we don't know for sure we could mention clues as to what the occupation might be:

I'll start with an easy one:

Thelma Lou "works at the office."

Views: 585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Orville Monroe is an undertaker.  (He used to repair TV's until I bought out that part of the business - but I didn't buy his delivery hearse vehicle.)

Freeburger:  He was a Sewer inspector.  He arrested Barney's father once.  Andy said, "Maybe he was speeding in the sewer."  

Andy also said that if you looked close enough, that Freeburger's badge had a little Manhole Cover in the center of it.

Ed had a refrigeration business.

Gomer discovered that Ed's Refrigeration serviced Aunt Bee's freezer on March 3, 1951.

Although he doesn't live in Mayberry, he has strong ties to someone who does:  Aunt Bee's brother goes all around the world on a ship as a "Wiper."  He just wipes and wipes.  Something about a girl back in his home town.  But we don't talk about that, don't you know.

And then there was "the man". He was the only person in a 50 mile radius that did refrigeration repair. Was "the man" Ed perhaps?

As Andy often says "Call the man!"

Then there was Malcom Tucker. He was in charge of Tucker Enterprises, and he was in a hurry.  

Aunt Bee was a home maker.
Aunt Bee was a warden once too. "Bloody Mary". Otis was miserable.

Elmo ran the sporting goods/camera shop.

Aunt Bee also tried her hand as the co-owner of a Chinese restaurant. Things were going well until she took her fortune cookie fortune too seriously, so she sold out.

Medwin was a bookie, and a barber.

Aunt Bee got a job as a receptionist for a small printing firm that moved into town. Unfortunately their real business was making funny money so her job didn't last very long. William Christopher played the new doctor in town. He played golf and drove a convertible sports car. Look out!

That Peterson kid could not carve a turkey though. A patient on an operating table wouldn't have stood a chance! 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Dr. Pendyke replied to Mrs. Mendlebright's discussion Mayberry Folk on Vacation
"I would imagine it's not easy to find a waiter/flamenco dancer in Italy. "
yesterday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Mrs. Mendlebright's discussion Mayberry Folk on Vacation
"Yes, but with her nephew and it's too late because Suzanne is already gaga over Troy.  In…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Mrs. Mendlebright's discussion Mayberry Folk on Vacation
"Is Clara trying to orchestrate a romance in this movie?"
yesterday
Mrs. Mendlebright posted a discussion

Mayberry Folk on Vacation

I'm watching "Rome Adventure," with Suzanne Pleshette  and Troy Donahue running around Italy, and…See More
Saturday
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion What Would You Miss Most?
"I'd also miss Andy saying to Barney, when he just can't take anymore, "You beat…"
Friday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Dargood? And, Bee was indignant, as I remember it."
Thursday
Dave Cline replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"woman"
Wednesday
Dave Cline replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"clank clink"
Wednesday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Wasn't that Frick and Frack?"