iMayberry Community

Some folks in Mayberry seem like they don't do ANYTHING for a living.  They must have some source of income, though.  And there are some very interesting occupations in The Friendly Town.  Let's name the person and what they do for a living.  If we don't know for sure we could mention clues as to what the occupation might be:

I'll start with an easy one:

Thelma Lou "works at the office."

Views: 842

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe Otis was a glue dipper over at the furniture factory...I think Barney said he could be a brine tester at the pickle factory after he resigned from the sheriff's office.

Emmet's brother-in-law, Ben Beecham, was in the insurance bid'ness. He was also a former postal employee named Talbot in one episode, and Billy Joe in another. He said he had more authority because he was a "fed." "the mail must go through."

and let's not forget Henry Wheeler, the handy man, handy with the ladies that is...old Goldbrick!

Mrs. Lukens owned the shop where Andy bought Aunt Bee's bed jacket. This must have been after she changed her name from Rodenbach, but before she got married to Emmett.

Sam Jones was a farmer/city councilman.

Mister Hendricks sold butter and eggs but he had to stop doing it in Mayberry after Andy made him realize there was a bad rumor going around about him and Aunt Bee.

Wilber Finch was a shoe salesman. He was just about washed-up but made it after all because of rumors that ended up to be beneficial. 

Otis defected from Mayberry and went to the Mt. Pilot jail where his cell-mate: Luke,  had a mother who was a nurse.

Mr. Frisbee sold chickens... oh and moonshine liquor for guzzlin cause its hard to make a killin sellin' chickens.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"Lol.....I love it!"
Monday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"Boy, giraffes are selfish."
Monday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Yes, that’s him. I imagine Ernest T. may have chucked a rock or two through Jelsic’s…"
Monday
ColHarV posted a discussion

Favorite One-Liners

What is your FAVORITE “one liner” from the episodes?(Just leave one at a time please, to allow…See More
Sunday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"I’m not sure this fits here exactly, but I have a trivia question, based on a few lines from…"
Saturday
Larry Grainger replied to Larry Grainger's discussion Mayberry Christmas 2017
"We are three weeks away. Get your tickets now!"
Saturday
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Last night, while watching the episode “The Loaded Goat,” I noticed something for the…"
Saturday
Donna Calloway is now a member of iMayberry Community
Saturday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Barney’s judo teacher, I believe."
Nov 16
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That’s always one of my favorite exchanges. Andy = “I’m all ears.” Barney…"
Nov 16
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Proof!!!!"
Nov 15
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Yes Sir! That Frank sure is smart, as Goober would say. Despite Helen's denials, her and Frank…"
Nov 14

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service