iMayberry Community

Some folks in Mayberry seem like they don't do ANYTHING for a living.  They must have some source of income, though.  And there are some very interesting occupations in The Friendly Town.  Let's name the person and what they do for a living.  If we don't know for sure we could mention clues as to what the occupation might be:

I'll start with an easy one:

Thelma Lou "works at the office."

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He coulda been installing spy equipment.  He wired that intercom system in the jail one day.  I think it woulda worked too if he had bigger wires.

Perhaps he'll take up knitting afghans to sell or to raffle off at the county fair, or for Founders Day and the like. It would be very therapetic after his stressful days in law enforcement.

Mr. Foley was the butcher.  Andy blamed him (for a short time) for that tough beef Aunt Bee bought at a bargain.  Mr. Foley was a gentleman of the first order.  Although he knew why she needed to store her ill-gotten beef, he told her he'd be glad to keep it for her.

As usual, Aunt Bee listened to Clara.  Although the two of them were always competing, Aunt Bee took Clara's word for gospel.  She learned a "tough" lesson with that "tough" beef!

Diamond Jim, not so much the gentleman, despite his straw hat and sawdust on the floor. He sold discounted beef that had been worked too hard when alive.  "But oh the atmosphere!", Clara would say. 

Obviously Diamond Jim turned Aunt Bee down flat for any assistance in storing her beef as it was not even an option. He was like the giraffe, selfish.   

Mary Pleasant worked at the bank. Barney sent Otis down there to get an injury report noterized but it turned out she was on vacation; went down to great dismal swamp to hunt black bear.
There's Myra Koontz at the lan-gerie shop. She could make a man smile funny.
When it came to motors Walley really had a green thumb. He could take a motor apart and put it right back together before your very eyes, unless was gettin dark.

Millie worked at the bakery, where she caught the eye of Howard Sprague. Howie even took a punch in the gut for her from Allen Melvin. Their engagement went pffft. Mother Sprague was a semi-retired buttinsky.

Ellen Brown was a manacurist, she did fingernails and nature was good to her, I mean real real realll good. Matter of fact I never saw nature spend so much time on any one person.
Ringa ding ding!
So what did Old Man Schwamp do for a living❓❓❓

Old Man Schwump must have been a "Census Taker."  He was always just sitting around watching people go by.

Did we mention Juanita?  You know, she works where all the truckers stop.  And she has a real soft spot for guys who can imitate roosters and play the harmonica.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion BEST LINES...GO!
"I don't believe that dog could find his own food dish!"
Saturday
Dr. Pendyke replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"George Nader played an earlier new doc in town. Barney made an appointment to spy on him. Barney…"
Saturday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Laura Lee Hobbs is a clerk down at the five and dime. You might be interested to…"
Friday
Thelscuz replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"We need to keep in mind that Barney would only have implemented his plan for Mass-PD-ID during…"
Friday
Dr. Pendyke replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Aunt Bee's cousin Bradford Taylor was a bit time international financier with holdings all…"
Thursday
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"From what I am calculating, about a 100 a month for about 50 months or 4 years.  This is proof…"
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"The reverend might find the class "dry as dust"."
Thursday
Rare Nickle replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"Get officer Upchurch from the state police to conduct the class."
Thursday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"Well, that would depend on how much time Andy or Barney would have to conduct these courses what…"
May 17
George's TV Repair replied to Thelscuz's discussion What does (he or she) do for a living?
"Well  they have been takin' from him for a good many years."
May 17
"Yes, butterfingers. That was strike three. I guess the skills needed for carving a turkey and…"
May 17
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion So how long would this take?
"50 people per class, one class a week. . ."
May 17

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service