iMayberry Community

Views: 7305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is that the one when Aunt be made up a story about having  a thing goin with the butter-n-egg man and almost caused a lot of trouble and even lost his business because of it? 

That is a very good guess, but not the episode. Although this man in the pic is distributing milk, he certainly might have some eggs and butter in that old truck of his as well.  

Could it be Goodbye Dolly, where the old dairy wagon horse is retired?

Hint: What would the milkman pictured wear to church, if he had no other clothes to wear?

Oh I’m tracking with you now. This is a reference to Barney’s line in “Barney’s Uniform,” when Andy gives him a hard time about wearing his uniform to church. Barney doesn’t want Fred Plummer to see him out of uniform because Fred threatened to “break every bone in his body” if he did. Trying to cover up his fear of Fred, Barney tells the preacher he wore his uniform to church so people would know they are always on the job (“Been a lotta money in that collection plate lately”). When Andy questions why he’s wearing his uniform Barney says “Why shouldn’t I wear my uniform. I’m a policeman! What should I wear, a milkman suit?!”

That was a tough one Mr. Mayor. 

You got it Phil!

What episode did I watch?  Hint: This is a color episode. Whoever gets this, wins a years subscription to Mechanics Monthly - Color Edition!

I’m thinking the pictures may be “Tailor” plus “Colonel.”  Could this be a reference to “The Battle of Mayberry,” in which we learn Andy had (or so he thought) an ancestor Colonel Carleton Taylor, who was the hero of the battle?

You got the Taylor part right. Now take another look at the guy on the right. It was a minor line used in an episode, where the big city guy mispronounces Andy's name. 

But that was a great guess on your part!

Ohhhh. Helen’s publisher! He butchers Andy’s name in various ways, one of which was TAYLOR SANDERS. “Helen, the Authoress”. 

These are some deep tracks you’re playing Mr. Mayor!

Enjoy the October issue of MM, on its way in livng color!

Good one, Mayor. Nice to see the color eps getting some attention.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Opie Steps Up in Class?"
Sunday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Sgt. Carter: "You didn't know I did what to rugs before?""
Sunday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"So good to see a positive about Jack Burns, James. He gets very little respect in most TAGS…"
Sunday
Keevy Hazelton replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"My five-year-old granddaughter is on an out-of-town trip this weekend with her folks and the most…"
Sunday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"This should be tough; from a color ep."
Sunday
Allan "Floyd" Newsome liked Keevy Hazelton's photo
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service